Discover, organize, and share colors in new and unique ways with QPalettes.
QPalettes is a professional-quality app for designers of all types - anyone who frequently works with color. It offers many features within a meticulously crafted minimalist interface designed to be as useful and invisible as possible.
Discover colors using the Q interface, which eliminates distractions and allows to you focus on finding the perfect color. Choose from RGB, RYB, or CMYK. Enter values directly or "surf" using +/- buttons. The interface is unobtrusive, and can be almost entirely hidden using quiet mode (press the Q). Exact controls allow access to all available colors (over 16.777 million).
Organize any number of palettes using 3 different methods: horizontal bars, squares, or the innovative freeform mode. Freeform mode allows you to move and resize colors into any arrangement of your choosing. Layout colors on one of three suggested background colors, or edit the background to any color you prefer. All very easy and responsive. Each palette can be named for easier identification.
Share palettes with colleagues or friends via email directly from QPalettes. The email includes a screenshot of your arrangement, plus text descriptions in RGB, Hex, RYB, and CMYK (raw and %), allowing the recipient to easily work with your exact colors in their chosen format without conversion or additional work. The screenshot allows physical color matching, for example to select paint chips, fabrics, furniture, or tiles. The content of the email can be edited before sending.
QPalettes supports the following gestures:
* Swipe left or right on the background to switch palettes (if you have more than 1)
* Swipe up or down on the background to switch background colors (custom background colors are remembered)
* Double-tap a color to edit
* Double-tap the background to edit
* Move a color using 1 finger (bars or squares can be re-ordered)
* Move & resize a color using 2 fingers
* Cut/delete a color by pressing on it for a couple seconds, then clicking the delete "x"
* Shake to paste the cut color (like Undo, except a cut color can be pasted many times, in any palette)
* In the color editor, shake for a random color - very fun for finding new colors
Buy once and use on iPhone, iPad, and/or iPod Touch - the interface adapts to any iOS device in any orientation. QPalettes runs natively on iPad (especially good for freeform mode).
QPalettes saves your palettes between uses, even if your device is powered off.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 16, 2012
- Damien Del Russo
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (1)
- 0.3 MB