Discover and mix colors in new and unique ways with QColor.
QColor is for people who love color, especially those who long to mix colors naturally. It offers many original features within a meticulously crafted minimalist interface designed to be as useful and invisible as possible.
Discover colors using the Q interface, which eliminates distractions and allows you to focus on finding the perfect color. Choose from RGB, RYB, or CMYK. Enter values directly or "surf" using +/- buttons. The interface is unobtrusive, and can be almost entirely hidden using quiet mode (press the Q). Exact controls allow access to all available colors (over 16.777 million).
Mix colors by dragging color rectangles over each other. The colors mix as you move the color rectangle around the screen. Three color modes allow you to mix as RGB, RYB, or CMYK. These are real color mixes, not based on what "should" happen or limited in any way.
Colors that are discovered through the mixing process can be copied into a new color rectangle, allowing you to "keep" the color for further mixing or sharing.
QColor includes all of the palette functionality of the QPalettes app - multiple palettes (including mixes), selectable background color, naming of palettes, etc. QColor is very convenient for saving your color arrangements and mixes for later reference.
Share color mixes with colleagues or friends via email directly from QColor. The email includes a screenshot of your arrangement, plus text descriptions in RGB, Hex, RYB, and CMYK (raw and %), allowing the recipient to easily work with your exact colors in their chosen format without conversion or additional work. The content of the email can be edited before sending.
QColor supports the following gestures:
* Swipe left or right on the background to switch palettes (if you have more than 1)
* Swipe up or down on the background to switch background colors (custom background colors are remembered)
* Double-tap a color to edit
* Double-tap the background to edit
* Move a color using 1 finger
* Move & resize a color using 2 fingers
* Cut/delete a color by pressing on it for a couple seconds, then clicking the delete "x"
* Duplicate a color or mix by pressing on it for a couple seconds, then clicking the add arrow
* Shake to paste the cut color (like Undo, except a cut color can be pasted many times, in any palette)
* In the color editor, shake for a random color - very fun for finding new colors
Buy once and use on iPhone, iPad, and/or iPod Touch - the interface adapts to any iOS device in any orientation. QColor runs natively on iPad.
QColor saves your palettes between uses, even if your device is powered off.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 16, 2012
- Damien Del Russo
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (1)
- 0.3 MB