PenReader handwriting recognition
iOS Universal Productivity
PenReader handwriting input app and Apple Pencil – a perfect match!
Awarded “BEST OF 2016 - INNOVATIONSPREIS-IT” by Initiative Mittelstand.
Write on your device screen just like with a pen on a paper!
PenReader converts any text (whether written with a finger or stylus) into print with the highest accuracy and speed.
To activate PenReader as an input method, please go to the Keyboard Settings -> New Keyboards -> Third-party keyboards, choose PenReader app and change the default mode to the “Allow full access” mode.
IMPORTANT! PenReader does not collect any information you enter. We respect and protect the privacy of our users.
PenReader perfectly recognizes 38 languages. They are conveniently arranged in VALUE PACKS:
- CYRRILIC PACK includes Belarusian, Bulgarian, Kazakh, Russian, Serbian, Ukrainian.
- LATIN PACK includes Albanian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Welsh.
- FULL PACK contains all languages
- As well as Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Georgian, Greek, Hebrew and Korean.
PenReader offers the most accurate and powerful recognition:
• 4 optimized handwriting recognition modes:
- Letter-by-letter: all characters written on a screen will be recognized as a single one. The right choice to input passwords, names and abbreviations.
- Cursive: useful for writing full words and sentences in their natural way, like with a pen on a paper. Sensitive to any handwriting.
- Separate: can recognize full words, but unlike ‘cursive’, the finger/stylus should be removed from the touchscreen surface between each character. Great for those who write words in separate letters.
- Smart recognition converts handwriting into print letter-by-letter immediately after the finger/stylus is removed from the screen. This mode does not require each letter to be input with one stroke.
• Try a tailor-made input on small devices:
- ‘Letter-on-letter’ input is specifically developed for small screens. You can input an entire word by drawing letters on top of each other. The characters are then recognized as a single word.
- ‘Write words by parts’ feature allows you to input words symbol-by-symbol and then PenReader guesses possible variants and offer options to continue.
• Save your own words in a personal user dictionary. If you input a word which is not available in the built-in PenReader dictionary, it will be saved in your personal dictionary after you tap it into the prompt field. Prompts are offered at the bottom of the screen. Note: we do have get access to your user dictionary. It is stored locally and is only available to you.
• Analysis of adjacent characters improves input accuracy in ‘Cursive’ and ‘Separate’ modes.
• Special symbols ($, @, &, etc.) are displayed on a screen keyboard from now on. Other symbols besides the main ones can be accessed with a long tap.
• App settings are grouped thematically with comprehensive descriptions.
• PenReader requires minimal storage capacity on your device.
PenReader as a handwriting recognition technology started in 1968. While you are writing with a fingertip on the touchscreen surface, PenReader analyzes the coordinates of your finger movements and converts the data into print characters by performing tens of thousands of calculations per second. Ensuring the shortest possible delay and highest accuracy, PenReader is the top tool to convert handwritten text into digital form.
About Paragon Software Group
Paragon Software Group is an innovative software developer focused on two dynamic growth markets. The company's comprehensive product line for the data storage market addresses the needs of data security, storage and management for PCs, servers and networks.
NEW! PenReader can now recognize handwritten Chinese Simplified and Korean text!