Papers 3 - Academic Reference Manager
iOS Universal Productivity
Papers is your personal library of research on the go. Find, read, organize, share and sync your research papers - anytime, anywhere!
• Revolutionize how you collect, organize, and read documents.
• Search simultaneously from 20+ repositories, including PubMed, Google Scholar and ArXiv.
• When you import papers into your library, Papers lets you organize them in collections and read, annotate and freehand draw them in glorious full screen.
• Import Word, PowerPoint, and other document files to your library and organize them just as easy as your PDFs.
• Automatically find and download the PDF for references you import from search engines, when the full-text is available!
• Papers now also optionally lets you synchronize your library via your local Wi-Fi network or Dropbox to your Mac, PC and iOS devices.
• Create Shared Collections and add content to your Reading List, also accessible via your web browser.
Papers is a full workflow solution designed to make sure you spend time on what’s important: your research.
• Reader: Support for pressure-sensitive freehand annotations with the Apple Pencil. Go to the Settings menu in the Reader to enable it and learn more.
• Search: Scopus and ScienceDirect are now available as search engines in Federated Search.
• EZproxy: The proxy list in the Proxy Settings menu is now dynamically updated via the network.
• Search: Search engine token toggle buttons now display the full name of each engine on iPad instead of abbreviations.
Performance & Stability:
• General: Improvements to overall app stability.
• Reader: Various PDF rendering correctness and performance updates.
• Spotlight: No longer crashes when during indexing the library under rare circumstances.
• Papers Account: No longer crashes when trying to use your Papers account if you had not already validated your email address.
• Handoff: Improvements to stability and reliability.
• Handoff: When opening the Reader via Handoff, the paper that is opened now automatically moves to the same page as shown on the other device.
• Reader: Resolves an issue in the previous 3.4.1 update that prevented Undo/Redo buttons working for freehand annotations.
• Import: Resolves an issue in the previous 3.4.1 update that prevented Papers 1 for iOS library imports from working.
• Import: Papers 1 for iOS library import screen now responds correctly to device rotation on iPad.
• Search: Search engine icons have been replaced with avatar images.
• Settings: Footer text no longer overlaps menu options under certain circumstances.
• Library: Resolves a UI glitch that would appear during selecting papers in the main library scroll view under rare circumstances.
We love getting your feedback! If you're enjoying your time with Papers 3 for iPhone and iPad, we would appreciate it if you shared a review on the App Store. If you have any issues, please email us at email@example.com.