Papers 3 for iOS
Papers is your personal library of research. Find, read, organize, sync your research papers -- anytime, anywhere!
Revolutionize how your collect, organize, and read documents. Search simultaneously from 20+ repositories, including PubMed and ArXiv. When you import papers into your library, Papers lets you organize them in collections and read, annotate and freehand draw them in glorious full screen. It even automatically finds and downloads the PDF for references you import from search engines, when the full-text is available! Papers now also optionally lets you store and synchronize your library on Dropbox to use the same library on all your Mac, PC or iOS devices.
Papers is a full workflow solution. Now you can import Word, PowerPoint, and other document files to your library and organize them as well as your PDFs. When you don't know where you filed an article, find it easily with search (searching from PDF full-text contents is also now supported).
- Significantly faster application startup.
- Significantly improved speed and memory efficiency with large libraries.
- Overall improved speed and responsiveness.
- Much improved responsiveness during syncing:
app can be used normally in the 'Merging library...' stage.
- Fixes an issue where thumbnails would not get created for files that were downloaded automatically using 'Sync files automatically'.
- Fixes crashes which could happen in several common scenarios when using the app with iOS 7.0.3.
- Fixes a memory leak with creating thumbnails for PDFs which could degrade its performance and stability over continued use.
- Fixes a crash which could occur when unsuccessfully attempting to import a paper from an external application in certain situations.
- Fixes a rare crash on iOS 7.0.3 when attempting to search for papers by an author presented on the metadata inspector of a PDF.
- Fixes a rare crash which could occur when importing a Papers 1 library with certain missing metadata.
- Improved iOS7 support: variable font sizes, other small improvements.
- Improved paper metadata inspector look & feel.
- Fixes an issue where thumbnails would get 'shuffled' momentarily in the publications list views.
- Adds a splash screen to app startup.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 14, 2013
- Average Rating:
- 2.50 (23)
- 31.0 MB