Papers 3 - Academic Reference Manager
iOS Universal Productivity
Papers is your personal library of research on the go. Find, read, organize, share and sync your research papers - anytime, anywhere!
• Revolutionize how you collect, organize, and read documents.
• Search simultaneously from 20+ repositories, including PubMed, Scholar and ArXiv.
• When you import papers into your library, Papers lets you organize them in collections and read, annotate and freehand draw them in glorious full screen.
• Import Word, PowerPoint, and other document files to your library and organize them just as easy as your PDFs.
• Automatically find and download the PDF for references you import from search engines, when the full-text is available!
• Papers now also optionally lets you store and synchronize your library on Dropbox to your Mac, PC and iOS devices.
• Create shared collections and add content to your Reading list, also accessible via your web browser.
Papers is a full workflow solution designed to make sure you spend time on what’s important: your research.
• General: Handoff support - pick up from where you left off when moving between your iOS devices.
• General: New 'Add to Papers' Safari action extension - replaces the Bookmarklet.
• Reader: New settings menu - Night reading, scrolling style, page view and scrolling direction can now be set to your personal preferences.
• Library: You can now filter your library by specific star ratings from the 'Labels' menu.
• Library: You can now rate a paper zero stars by tapping its current star rating when swiping to show its metadata card in the list view.
• Search: In the Federated Search view, tapping the loupe icon in the search bar now displays a shortcut list of recent search queries.
• Inspector: General notes can now be deleted from a paper.
• General: Users can see the new coaching tips again at any time by tapping "Show Coaching Tips" in the Settings.
Performance & Stability:
• Reader: Improves performance when searching within a PDF, and resolves a crash for users running iOS 9.
• Reader: No longer impossible to dismiss the annotation tools and navigation buttons after adding an annotation to a paper.
• Inspector: Significant improvements to general look and feel.
• Inspector: Improves readability of text in abstract, notes and supplements metadata tabs.
• Inspector: Improves look and feel of lists for authors, editors, institutions and journals when editing paper metadata.
• Inspector: Scrolling the list of institutions when editing paper metadata no longer crashes in certain circumstances.
• Inspector: No longer shows incorrect dates in the calendar view in certain circumstances.
• Inspector: Now presents the correct lists when editing photographers or translators for papers where they are listed as metadata fields.
• Sharing: Works around a change to Facebook sharing rules to restore the automatic addition of paper URLs to a Facebook post.
• Library: The recently-read papers 'drawer' view is now updated immediately when exiting the Reader.
• Reader: The 'Copy' menu item shown when tapping on a sticky note on iPhone now works correctly.
• Reader: Selecting the 'no color' label option in the Inspector now works correctly.
• Reader: Dictionary 'Define' menu option now appears in more circumstances when selecting words from a paper.
• Reader: Page numbers in the Landmarks view are no longer cut-off in certain circumstances.
• Reader: Page zoom factor is no longer reset when making a highlight annotation that overlapped another.
• First-time users: Example library content is no longer duplicated when syncing between two or more iOS devices.
• Search: Minor improvements to the look and feel of the search token type selector screen.
• General: The library screen now displays the correct number of columns if you hold your iPad upside down.
We love getting your feedback! If you're enjoying your time with Papers 3 for iOS, we would appreciate it if you shared a review on the App Store. If you have any issues, please email us at email@example.com.