Papers 3 for iOS
Papers is your personal library of research on the go. Find, read, organize, share and sync your research papers - anytime, anywhere!
• Revolutionize how you collect, organize, and read documents.
• Search simultaneously from 20+ repositories, including PubMed, Scholar and ArXiv.
• When you import papers into your library, Papers lets you organize them in collections and read, annotate and freehand draw them in glorious full screen.
• Import Word, PowerPoint, and other document files to your library and organize them just as easy as your PDFs.
• Automatically find and download the PDF for references you import from search engines, when the full-text is available!
• Papers now also optionally lets you store and synchronize your library on Dropbox to your Mac, PC and iOS devices.
• Create shared collections and add content to your Reading list, also accessible via your web browser.
Papers is a full workflow solution designed to make sure you spend time on what’s important: your research.
- Library Filtering: You can now filter your library by a particular color label, as well as by all colors at once as in previous versions.
- Library Sorting: You can now sort in ascending or descending order when using any of the filters in the Library view or Federated Search.
- Sync Settings: The library sync settings section has been redesigned to give you more control over your sync settings and manual syncing.
- Notes: It is now possible to add General Notes to a paper on both iPad and iPhone, or edit existing notes.
- Support: Improvements to the "Help" section in the sidebar to include a completely redesigned support website and a direct link if you need to open a support request.
- Reading List: Improved interactions with the Papers Online Reading List.
- Linking to a Papers library on Dropbox now automatically starts an initial sync.
- Improves the "Add Keywords" screen to make it clearer which keywords are currently selected for the paper in question.
- Reduces the delay before the pop-up bottom menu bar appears on iPhone for better user experience.
- Adds a clear button to the Federated Search text bar to quickly clear a previous search query.
Performance & Stability:
- Authors are now added to a paper when using the "Match" functionality.
- User-added keywords are no longer removed when using the "Match" functionality.
- The correct PDF is now displayed when attempting to view a supplementary PDF that had been attached to a paper.
- An imported paper is now also opened automatically (as well as being imported) in the Reader when using the "Open in Papers 3" Safari functionality.
- Remaining issues with the "Open in Papers" Safari bookmarklet have been resolved.
- The "Automatic File Downloads" setting within Sync Settings will now download all available primary and supplementary files on a user's Dropbox for all papers in the library.
- The "Download All Files" functionality will now correctly download PDF files instead of associated webpages in all cases (except when PDFs can't be downloaded because they are behind a pay-wall).
- Using the Federated Search after unlinking from a library on Dropbox and deleting all local library data now returns search results.
- When choosing "Sort by Author", the Library is now sorted by surname first, and prioritizes papers with at least one author.
- Download progress bars now appear correctly for library items on iPhone as well as iPad.
- The token field bar now appears correctly on the Federated Search keyboard when using Papers 3 for iOS on iOS 8 devices.
- The color of a highlight annotation can now be changed once it has been added to a paper.
- Improved stability during initial app launch.
- Reductions to disk space usage by ensuring redundant PDF thumbnail cached data is removed when the app is launched.
- The Reading List contents are now refreshed after moving items from it to the Trash.
- Addresses some UI issues with the library screen when using Papers 3 for iOS on the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.
- Prevents viewing the paper metadata inspector in landscape on iPhone to avoid UI issues.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 7 hours ago
- 41.5 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 2.50 (17)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.50 (261)