Palettes is a powerful productivity tool for creating and maintaining color palettes. Great for creating color schemes. Now you can create a color palette anywhere at anytime. Grab colors from a photograph, a website, or add colors using any one of 5 color models. Quickly find matching colors with support for many different color schemes. You may create and store any number of palettes.
This application runs at one of three levels: Free, Basic, and Pro. The initial free version runs at the Pro level for a limited time allowing you to fully test the application. It will then revert back to the Free level. Use the included in-application purchasing to upgrade to either the Basic or Pro level at any time.
Key features include:
• Single universal application works on all your iOS devices including iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
• Quickly create a color palette from a web site, image, camera, or color scheme.
• Unlimited number of palettes (Free only supports 3).
• 25 colors per palette (Free and Basic allows 5).
• Import/Export palettes from/to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks, GIMP, Paintshop Pro, and OS X Color Chooser. (Pro)
• Import/Export palettes via email. Team development made easy with one click import. (Pro)
• Backup and restore your Palettes data directly to/from your own computer, iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or FTP servers. (Basic, Pro)
• Import and export palette files directly to/from your own computer, iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, FTP servers, or another app. (Pro)
• Email color palettes to friends and co-workers. (Pro adds more options)
• Pick colors from:
• RGB, HSV (HSB), HSL, CMYK, or Gray scale sliders
• Standard colors lists (SVG, Web Safe, HTML, Java, Apple) or other palettes.
• A website URL (webpage, image, CSS file, 3rd party palette file (Pro)).
• An image or camera.
• Any valid CSS3 color representation.
• Create colors via:
• Color blending (Pro adds using 1 of 4 color models).
• Color schemes (monochromatic (Pro), analogous, triadic, complementary (Pro), split complementary (Pro)).
• Review color information:
• Details (integer, hex, percent, decimal, CSS).
• As both a foreground and background color.
• "Palette Flow" (not on iPad)
• Display a color full screen to compare against a real world item (press and hold color briefly).
• Palette preview screen.
• Backup a palette as an image in your photo library for later restore.
• Rename, reorder, or delete palettes.
• Sort palette colors by RGB, HSV/B, HSL, CMYK, or Gray color model.
• All work is saved as you go.
• Always remembers where you left off last.
• Built in context sensitive help system.
• Preferences can be set from within the application. (Basic, Pro)
• Excellent customer support.
Palettes can be used to create color palettes for:
• Web site design
• Marketing campaigns
• Home decorating
• Color coordinating
• Anywhere colors are needed - just use your imagination
Please visit http://www.maddysoft.com/iphone/palettes to see a more complete set of screen shots and additional information on the features of "Palettes". The website includes contact information for leaving feedback, asking questions, or reporting any issues.
NOTE: Pantone has stated that they will not license their colors to any other iPhone applications so Palettes will not be able to support Pantone colors unless they change their mind.
NOTE: Known limitation - this version is unable to import binary OS X palette files (.clr) from ~/Library/Colors.
• Support for iPhone 5/5th generation iPod touch.
• Select the desired palettes and formats when exporting palettes. (Pro)
• Picture selection can now be done from additional sources.
• When adding a palette from a photo URL or a selected picture, you can now crop and edit the image before extracting the colors.
• Improved keyboards for the Sliders tab of the color chooser.
• When exporting all palettes via WiFi, palettes created from images show the image thumbnail. (Pro)
• You can now include the HTML representation of a palette when exporting palettes. (Pro)
• You can now include the image used to create a palette when exporting palettes. (Pro)
• Support for data transfers with Box accounts. (Pro, Basic)
• Support for data transfers with FTP servers. (Pro, Basic)
• Support for multiple Dropbox, Google Drive, and Box accounts. (Pro, Basic)
• Requires iOS 5.0 or greater.
• Help screen now presented by double-tapping any screen title.
• User interface changes for Data Tranfer. (Pro, Basic)
• More flexible options when exporting palettes. (Pro)
• Replaced Google docs support with Google Drive. (Pro, Basic)
• WiFi transfers can now be done on a specific port. (Pro, Basic)
• Added ability to view feature matrix in Palettes Pro.
Bug Fixes - iPad only
• Fixed ability to resize help window.
• Fixed the disappearance of a Color Info window after rotating the iPad which in turn prevents the ability to drag colors from the palette.
• Fixed ability to move a color between two palettes if they are the same palette.
• Fixed ability to drag a palette from the Palettes list while renaming a palette.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 23, 2012
- Rick Maddy
- Average Rating:
- 2.50 (2652)
- 7.1 MB