Need to create a quick diagram, process chart, page layout, website wireframe, or graphic design? With OmniGraffle, your iPad touch screen is your canvas (or graph paper, or whiteboard, or cocktail napkin…).
OmniGraffle knows what makes a diagram different from a drawing, so it knows how to help you make superior documents quickly: it keeps lines connected to shapes even when they're moved, it provides stencils full of objects for you to drag and drop, and it can magically organize diagrams so your ideas come to life.
Using simple multitouch gestures, draw shapes, drag in objects, and style everything until it's just right. Smart guides help you organize your document in a flash, and automatic layout gives you a powerful shortcut to the perfect diagram layout. Changes are saved as you work, and documents will automatically sync to your other Mac and iPad devices when using OmniPresence, our sync technology. Or, share your creations via PDF export to others.
A well-designed chart or diagram communicates information far better than words. When you need a clear understanding of how information needs to be presented or how processes are carried out, OmniGraffle for iPad is the tool to help you organize your thoughts visually, document them beautifully, and communicate them to the world.
- Use built-in stencils or draw customizable shapes
- Freehand sketch directly onto your canvas
- Touch and drag to connect shapes together
- Touch "lay out now" to automatically arrange your diagram
- Smart guides help you align, rotate, and size objects
- Create multiple page ("canvas") documents
- Share items between your canvases with shared layers
- Wrap text to fit within a shape
- View what styles make up a shape in your diagram
- Select a whole class of objects at once to make changes
- Choose colors from built-in themes
- Create custom colors with support for HSB, RGB, and grayscale
- Create linear and radial fills, blending up to three colors with customizable centers and angles
- Set stroke/line thickness, color, and customize line styles
- Create transparent shape shadows which fall on objects or layers that are behind it
- Define shadow blur/sharpness, transparency, color, and position
- Pinch to zoom in and out
- Combine any two shapes in your document into a table
- Share native OmniGraffle documents via email, or email as a scalable PDF
- Save documents as a graphic in your Photos library
For more information, please visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1 206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnigraffle.
OmniGraffle for iPad v1.9 is a major update that adds automatic document syncing through OmniPresence. Version 1.9.1 fixes some text bugs accidentally introduced in v1.9.
OmniPresence is designed to work well with any Mac app which supports OS X’s Auto Save and Versions. Using the same underlying document coordination as Versions, OmniPresence lets your app know when a document has been changed on another device, and double-checks to make sure it always syncs a current and complete copy of any documents currently being edited. OmniPresence can’t prevent conflicting edits from multiple devices—but when that happens it automatically saves both versions of conflicting edits so that no edits are lost.
OmniPresence is also designed to support document syncing within teams. By creating a shared sync account for your team, you can make sure that everyone on your team always has the latest copy of every document available on all their devices.
We believe in building solutions that will stand the test of time, and we believe that your data should be yours to control—whether you’re syncing your personal files or your company’s confidential information. So rather than use a proprietary syncing service which might not be available in five or ten years, OmniPresence is built on top of open web server technologies. This means you can sync documents using your own web server, such as the Apache server built into Mountain Lion Server. (We’ve posted instructions for setting up WebDAV file sharing on Mountain Lion Server on our support pages.)
We know that some customers would rather not have to set up their own service, so we’re currently scaling up our Omni Sync Server to support OmniPresence. We’re not quite sure how much additional traffic to expect from customers using OmniPresence, so we’re not opening the floodgates to all our customers just yet—but we are trying to make OmniPresence available to all accounts as quickly as possible. (Anyone who has checked the “I am brave” box at sync.omnigroup.com should already have access, and anyone else who checks that box will be given priority access.)
We love hearing from you! You can reach us by tapping Contact Omni in the Gear Menu (found in the document browser), sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org, tweeting to @omnigraffle, or calling 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152.
New Features in v1.9
• Support for syncing your documents between devices is now available through OmniPresence. View the help documentation for more information on how to use it.
• Annotate objects with handy notes and key-value metadata pairs.
Bug Fixes in v1.9
• Interface improvements have been made to the Drawing Tools Inspector popover.
• Interface improvements have been made to the Stencils popover to better relay information about stencils in an OmniPresence folder and their state.
• Very small objects in the Stencils popover will now scale up to fit in their respective cell.
• When snap to grid is on, dragging out a stencil should now place it snapped to the grid.
• Snap-to-Grid should now prefer the closest edge of an object instead of the closest corner.
• Zoom state is now saved along with the document.
• Opening the Info Inspector with a locked object selected should now return to the root level of the popover.
• Fixed a hang when attempting to open documents created in previous versions of OmniGraffle for iPad.
• The Text Position Inspector popover now works when text is selected.
• Fixed a crash when tapping away from the radial fill before it finished loading in the Fill Inspector popover.
• In progress text edits are now saved when backgrounding the app.
• Fixed a bug where resizing an object could cause it to move position when aspect ratio was on.
• Minor localization fixes have been made.
• Fixed a bug where text that overflowed its object wouldn't fully redraw after changing the text alignment.
• Fixed a number of zoom-related gestures.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 30, 2013
- The Omni Group
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (542)
- 44.6 MB