Notesy for Dropbox
Notesy® is a note-taking app backed by the power of Dropbox.
- Notesy supports accented characters: Chinese and Japanese, British Pound signs, and so on: see http://giantyak.com/notesy/notes-as-text-files.html or email me if you have any questions.
- Please contact me via email at email@example.com or on twitter.com @notesy before leaving a review here when you have an issue - I can't help you if you just leave a review.
REVIEWS AND PRAISE
"Notesy's typography and ease of use have won me over. In fact, I used Notesy as the primary text editor for writing this book." — David Sparks in "iPad at Work"
Ben Brooks' review of Notesy:
"I love Notesy…It is so great and so fast." — Merlin Mann, Mac Power Users Podcast #46
"On the recommendation of commenters, I tried Notesy. It's now my main iPhone note-taking app" — Dr Drang.
Thomas Wong's in-depth review at:
"Congratulations on Notesy - it's quite the slick app :)" — Arash Ferdowsi (co-founder of Dropbox)
"Simple note taking app that synchronizes notes seamlessly with Dropbox. 4/5" — TNW
"Notesy Brings Fast And Easy Notes To Your iPhone" — AppAdvice
Notesy is not just a simple Dropbox file editor that only works when you're online: it's an over-the-air syncing note-taking app that you can keep on using even when you don't have a signal:
- Create, edit, rename, and delete notes at will, while you're on the go or at your computer.
- Supports landscape and portait modes.
- Your notes are stored as plain text files so you can work with them on your computer in your favorite programs.
- Supports creation and deletion of folders and sub-folders.
- Sophisticated (regular expressions and more) built-in searching so you can find the note you want, fast—even in sub-folders.
- Your notes are synced to and from your Dropbox securely and automatically.
- Utilize Notesy from other apps using Notesy's feature-rich URL scheme.
- No in-app advertising or purchases, and no monthly fees.
- Full offline support, so you can get to your notes whenever and wherever you like: work on your notes on the plane and you can sync them to Dropbox when you arrive.
- Keep your notes private by setting a pincode.
- Quickly jump to the next or previous note without backing out to the folder view.
- Markdown support with a Markdown-themed accessory keyboard.
- TextExpander support.
- VoiceOver support.
- Responsive support.
- More screenshots at giantyak.com/notesy.
- Recover deleted and previous revisions of your notes (feature only available through Dropbox's website until Dropbox add support for this to their API).
For documentation, hints and tips on how to get the most out of Notesy, check out http://giantyak.com/notesy.
WHAT IS DROPBOX?
Dropbox (www.dropbox.com) is a fantastic file syncing utility. Create a file on one computer and it will “magically” appear on all your other computers and mobile devices with the Dropbox client installed. Even if you don't buy Notesy you should get yourself a free Dropbox account anyway.
I welcome your feedback and questions.
If you come across any VoiceOver or other issues, please let me know.
You can reach me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on twitter @notesy.
Fixes a crash that can occur when editing a note
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 10, 2014
- Giant Yak Software LLC
- 10.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (4)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (224)