This app was removed from the App Store.
Mrmr OSC controller
iOS Universal Productivity
Mrmr (http://ecumedesjours.com/Mrmr/) is an ongoing research project to develop a standardized set of protocols and syntax conventions to control live installations and multimedia performances via mobile devices. The project was begun by Eric Redlinger, then researcher-in-residence at the Polytechnic Institute of NYU's experimental media center. The project is open-source and the code base is freely available at http://code.google.com/p/mrmr/
Mrmr enables you to use ordinary cell phones and PDAs as controllers in audio-visual performances, or to participate in interactive museum exhibits, or to use your mobile device in the place of the mouse or trackpad from your full-size computer. It also makes a great, free OSC controller for Max/MSP, VDMX and other VJ/DJ software.
Key elements of the Mrmr project are:
• create your own interfaces using only a text editor
• multiuser by design / client peer-to-peer or client-server models supported
• open standards (zeroconfig/bonjour/mdns, OSC)
• dynamic interfaces: widgets can be reconfigured 'on the fly'
1) integrated editor: create, adjust and reposition your OSC controls right in the app