iOS iPad Productivity
Linea Sketch gives you the right balance of power and control to capture your thoughts and ideas effortlessly. The focus stays where it belongs: on your creations, not on the tools.
What People Are Saying:
⁕ The best possible sketching experience whether you are drawing, prototyping an app interface, storyboarding, taking notes, or something else. - MacStories
⁕ The color swatch in Linea is fantastic...It fits a spectrum of color options into a very compact space. - 9 to 5 Mac
⁕ Linea is approachable for all – and will quite likely prove to be useful and enjoyable by all. - SlashGear
Why Linea Sketch?
• Easy Colors - Choose from a wide range of pre-defined colors, or customize colors with a single tap. Auto generated tints & shades saves time and effort.
• Minimal UI - Every control is designed to stay out of your way until you need it. Linea Sketch’s elegant interface puts the focus on your creations.
• Move / Transform - Lasso part of your sketch, move it, rotate it, resize it. Transform your creations quickly & easily.
• Elegant Layers - Simplified set of layers that can be easily rearranged, merged & adjusted. Import images for reference or to trace on top of from Files, Dropbox & more.
• ZipLine - An intuitive way to make straight lines and polygons. Draw a line and hold at the end to automatically straighten it. Tap & hold to connect ZipLines to form polygons.
• Grids & Templates - A wide range of traditional grids, 3D isometric lines, storyboards, and templates for iOS screen or icon design.
• Flexible Exporting - Export your work as a layered Photoshop document, transparent PNG, and more. Export entire drawings or cropped portions to a range of services including Slack and Dropbox.
• Touch Eraser - Ever used your finger to erase a whiteboard? Linea Sketch lets you wipe the screen with your finger to correct mistakes and your hands stay clean!
• iCloud Sync - Automatically keeps all of your sketches & projects up-to-date across all of your devices.
Complete Feature Set:
• Technical Pencil - Hard lead, thin lines. Pressure sensitive.
• Classic Pencil - Soft lead, thick lines. Pressure sensitive.
• Felt Tip Pen - Thin solid lines that vary in opacity with pressure
• Wide Tip Marker - Fat solid lines that vary with pressure
• Eraser - Clean up your work with a finger touch or pressure sensitivity
• Tilted Rendering - Each tool works differently when an Apple Pencil is used flat against the screen.
• Always on-screen & easily available
• 2 banks of pre-defined colors + 6 tints & shades each
• Auto-generation of tints and shades
• Drag & drop color swatches into Linea Sketch from other apps
• Creation of custom color sets
• Hue/Saturation adjustments
• 5 flexible layers
• Easily merge & clear
• Import images from Files, Dropbox & more to reference
• Drag & drop to rearrange
• Opacity adjustment
Grids & Templates:
• Notepads with wide & narrow rules in both portrait & landscape
• App user interface and icon design templates
• Traditional grids in lines & dots
• Storyboards in 16:9, 1.85:1, and 2.35:1 ratios
• 3D isometric grid
• Hexagonal graph paper
Backgrounds & Paper Textures:
• Turn paper texture on/off
• Paper grain
• Butcher’s paper
• Black construction
• Gray Bristol
• Save as layered Photoshop PSD, transparent PNG, or flattened JPEG
• Save all or just a portion of each drawing
• iOS Share sheet support
• Export to Slack, Dropbox, AirDrop & more
• Presentation Mode to video out or AirPlay to Apple TV
• Organize drawings in project folders
• Share, rename, move and remove drawings / projects
• Thumbnail previews of drawings save time
• Two-finger tap for quick Undo
• Three-finger tap for Redo
• Pinch to zoom and rotate
• Compass shows which way is up
• Tap Compass to lock, flip, or reset
• Long-press the Compass to reset
• Works in portrait & landscape orientations
• Supports split screen & drag and drop
A few bug fixes and improvements, including more control of the ZipLine in settings and a fix for wrongly oriented image import into portrait sketches.
• Added an option in Settings to control the polygon part of the ZipLine feature.
• When drawing with a finger, tapping (without drawing a line) now leaves a dot behind (making it easier, for example, to dot i's or write periods when not using an Apple Pencil).
• Importing images into portrait documents should now rotate the image correctly.
• Fixed layout of Settings when larger text sizes.
VERSION 2.0 RELEASE NOTES:
Linea Sketch 2 now lets you move and transform selections, import images for reference, draw straight lines, use new templates in portrait or landscape, drag and drop in split-screen, and more to help bring your ideas and creations to life.
New features. Same simplicity.
• New scissors icon in Layers panel - see in-app video for a demo!
• Resize by dragging the orange handles
• Rotate with two-fingers or by dragging the selection box outline
• Quickly create straight lines and polygons - see in-app video for a demo!
• The delay needed to activate ZipLine can be adjusted via Linea’s settings
• Add images to a layer - see in-app video for a demo!
• Import from your camera, photo library, clipboard, or a file browser app
• Linea now supports portrait orientation for drawings and notes
• New sketches are created using the iPad’s current orientation
• Change the orientation by rotating 90º and closing sketch
New Templates & Grids
• Take notes on Notepads with wide and narrow rules
• All templates work in portrait and landscape orientation
• New storyboarding template with 1.85:1 ratio
• App Design templates updated for latest devices
• Added small dot grid
• Linea can now be used while it’s side-by-side with another app
• Reference an image in Photos or on the web
• Take notes while researching in Safari or any other app
Drag and Drop
• Drag images from another app and drop them into the active layer
• Drag images out of the Export view
• Turn on the Settings option to drag out from Selection
• Reduced size of the smallest eraser
• Added support for Smart Invert Colors to help folks with low vision