Precision 2D vector drawing & design for the iPad and iPhone / iPod Touch.
Make professional quality designs, illustrations and technical drawings on the move using your fingers at last!
iDesign has unique features and offset controls which allows you to draw accurately with your finger not getting in the way or blocking your view.
Check out the iDesign Product Tour and also the New Features video on YouTube - link available on developer website at www.touchaware.com.
User Guide in PDF & A full set of video tutorials in HD available on the developer website.
- Fully leverages the larger screen size of the iPad and also the portability of the iPhone/iPod touch in one universal app
- An unobtrusive icon based visual and context driven user interface with a full screen board view
- Toolbar buttons with easy one touch access to frequently used functions for a fast work flow
- Unlimited fast and smooth multitouch zoom with sharp and clear images
- Group and ungroup shapes hierarchically to create complex designs
- Multiple layers to separate design components - preview, raise, lower, hide
- Design gallery with preview thumbnails to save and store designs
- Shapes - square, rectangle, circle, ellipse, line, polyline, polygons, stars, curve & path tools
- Edit points, convert shapes to path, close shapes, add and remove points, break, weld, explode and join
- Advanced path editing options for corner, smooth and symmetric control point movement, straighten and curve segments
- Offset handles for moving and positioning the selected point maintaining full visibility without your finger blocking the view
- Nudge controls, allows precise movement of selected shapes or selected points
- Text insertion with fonts, styles, sizes, paragraph alignments, multilingual, rotate/resize
- Many other tools - zoom, rotate, flip, raise, lower, top, bottom
- Support for standard board sizes (A1 to A5, B4, B5, Letter, Tabloid) and also custom unlimited board sizes (upto 1 million units)
- Set a drawing scale of upto 1000 times screen size with four decimal place precision
- Full set of standard unit systems, Points, Inches, Feet, Millimeters, Centimeters and Meters
- Unit aware Grid with customisable settings for grid lines and separators
- Snap to grid, snap to object and points, rotation snap and custom snap settings for precise positioning
- Unit aware and floating Rulers
- Measurement readouts for X, Y, width & height, length and rotation during insert, move & resize
- Precise rotation with ability to rotate at user defined center
- Property page on double tap for setting all the shape attributes with keyboard input options
- Set background image from photo library for tracing/marking
- Copy and paste
- Fill color and pen color swatches with opacity controls, custom RGB mixer
- Stroke width, line style, line caps and corner join styles, arrow ends and dash patters
- Multilevel Undo/Redo for all edit operations and layer changes
- Undo/Redo individual points and move previous points even while creating multisegment lines and paths
- Incremental autosave for all operations to ensure work is saved at all times
- Export designs to photo library, and JPEG, PNG, PDF & SVG formats for Hi-Res professional quality output
- Share your designs between you iPad, iPhone/iPod and other iDesign users via Email
- Flexible built-in easy backup solution to locally or externally save and share backups
Advanced Designer In App Purchase Add-on:
- Boolean operations on shapes, unite, intersect, subtract, exclude
- Gradients / color blends
- Text gradients
- Text to Path conversion
- Freehand drawing, auto smoothened paths
Dimension Tools In App Purchase Add-on:
- Dimensioning tools, length as well as angular with customisable settings
Sample design (as in screenshots) included with the app for exploring and learning the features.
Video tutorial links provided in the app.
- Dropbox support for Export, Import, Backup & Restore
- iCloud support for iDesign file Export, Import and iDesign Backup & Restore
- User interface to view and manage Dropbox and iCloud files for iDesign
- Use Export/Import to share and sync iDesign files and backups using iCloud or Dropbox between different devices for the user
- Share exported files for all supported formats with other users via Dropbox
- Designs and backups exported onto iCloud or Dropbox are available even if the app is deleted from the device and accessible on reinstall
- Settings for iCloud and Dropbox available via iDesign Menu -> Info -> Settings -> Cloud Settings
- AirPrint Support for direct printing from the device with iOS supported wireless printers
- Revamped user interface for export with destination options of Email, Dropbox, iCloud, Photo Library and Print
- Background processing for Export, Import, Backup and Restore for large designs and backups
- Fixed small variation occurring for the first point location during insert of Curve or Path when snap is set
- Fixed rotation centre not reset after changing shapes size via keyboard input
- Fixed selection frame resets to top left corner of the screen for multi-selection of shapes which include non-path shapes
- Fixed crashing when TextToPath is used on text with text frame height smaller than the contained text height
- Fixed minor variation in selection bounding box for horizontal/vertical lines and paths at higher zoom
- Fixed some of the add-on features were accessible earlier in certain situations (gradients, text to path) even though not purchased or activated
More to come in next update. If you like iDesign please support the development by posting your review & rating on the AppStore.
IMPORTANT: The update is tested to work with previous files. For added safety to avoid any installation issues and unexpected loss of data, before you update it is recommended to export any important designs externally as iDesign file format via email OR create a new backup using iDesign Menu -> Folder -> Backup -> "+". If you have any issues with updating contact email@example.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 31, 2013
- TouchAware Limited
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (16)
- 5.6 MB