Flash Reader: Reading Reimagined
iOS Universal Productivity
Ever had to read through a an email, book or an article on the web, but felt like it took ages to read through it all?
Normally your brain will attempt to pronounce words you read, which is called subvocalization or internal speech.
Flash Reader removes this limitation by showing you words so fast that your brain doesn't have time to subvocalize, but still allows you to retain everything you've read, by something called RSVP.
Whether it's light reading, or complicated business emails, training your eyes to read faster couldn't be easier, while your reading skill and comprehension will keep getting better and better with each article you finish.
3rd Party Support:
• Pocket, Instapaper & Dropbox support*
• Open & import eBooks files and docs such as DOC, RTF, TXT, PDF, EPUB, DOCX, AZW (Amazon Kindle .AZW files only), MOBI and ODT (OpenDocument) files*
Note: Documents need to be DRM-free (no copy protection) and have no OCR (scanned) elements.
• Massive document format support*
• Import from Dropbox, iTunes and any other app capable of opening files
• Built-in web-browser, with full support for Google search and saving articles*
• Bookmarking, easily resume where you left off
• Import documents by using your Camera*
• iOS 8 Extension for easy importing of both files and websites*
• Different reading modes to suit your needs
• Customization, including words per minute (WPM), words per flash, themes, fonts and font sizes
• Boost your productivity and learn to speed read at lightning fast speeds
• Universal, works on iPhone, iPod & iPad (iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus included!)
For Instant Help, open up the Support-section of the app.
Visit FlashReaderApp.com for more information.
••• What people are saying about Flash Reader •••
"I was very skeptical at first, then I tried it. Now I'm impressed!!! Using this tool to read a page, blog or instructions made made it seem like it took no time at all. I actually think using this app on a regular basis my even improve my reading skills. I'm so impressed, I'm recommending it on twitter!!!", 5/5 stars -Ninny2U
"I like it so much I use it every day.", 5/5 stars -Joseph
"Great for readers who find words move on the page!
I can read so quickly with it.
For studying materials - like journal articles - I start slower, read once, then up the speed again and again. Much greater retention than trying to read just in text!", 5/5 stars -Jacqjacq14
"It's now so easy to read faster with this app !", 4/5 stars -Manuel Klaassen
"This app is a wonderful way to breeze through a long read!", 4/5 stars -Matthew Bartlett
Coming up soon:
- A cloud based solution for backing up and syncing articles and bookmarks
- Evernote, Readability and Feedly support
- Built-in bookstore (free ebooks)
- Better article navigation (search by page or by word)
- Spritz-like reading
Thank you for the reviews, keep them coming! Based on the feedback we receive, we'll add and modify the features as much as we can.
Flash Reader DOES NOT have advertisements of any kind.
Services such as Instapaper, Pocket, website article saving and certain file-specific document conversions have limits and might require the Flash Reader Pro upgrade, which is a permanent one-time payment that unlocks all features of the app.
Some services (including PDF and ePub importing, as well as Microsoft Office files like DOCX) require an active internet connection when importing.
Also note that Flash Reader does not have voice support, so no text-to-speech or anything like that.
- Free version can now open files less than 1 MB in size, as well as 1 website per day
- Upgrade prompt is now less intrusive and the close button (X) is a lot more visible
- Various performance and stability improvements