Drafts for iPad
Drafts, where text starts on iOS. Version 3.0 bring even more power and extensibility to one of the most popular productivity apps on the App Store!
#### Macworld 2012 App Gems Award Winner!
#### “Easily one of the best iOS apps I’ve ever used.” – Merlin Mann
#### AppAdvice Top Paid iPhone Apps of 2012!
#### Featured in New & Noteworthy and on Lifehacker and C|net
#### Drafts for iPad now available separately on the App Store with Sync!
Drafts is the quick, easy way to capture and share text. In Drafts, text comes first – open the app and get a new, blank draft – ready to type. Don't get bogged down in a timeline just to tweet or post to Facebook. Don't tap your way through multiple screens to get down an email or SMS. Don't navigate folders, create files and name them just to jot down a note or create a todo.
In Drafts you can get that text down quickly and decide what to do with it later. Extensive output options let you send text to Twitter, Facebook, App.net, email, SMS, a Calendar event, quickly save it to Dropbox or Evernote – or forward it to a growing list of other Apps such as OmniFocus, Things, Fantastical, Byword, Sparrow and more. Customize actions to fit into any workflow.
- QUICK ENTRY: App opens to a new blank draft to quickly jot down ideas.
- SAVE, SEARCH, SYNC: Not sure what to do with that text? Just type it in and leave drafts – no saving, it'll be there when you get back. Recent drafts are always one tap away, and full-text searching is available. Optionally enable Drafts lightning fast sync between Drafts, Drafts for iPad (sold separately) on multiple devices.
- SEND TO...ANYTHING? Extensive output options let you do almost anything you might want with your text. Output options include: Twitter, Facebook, Email, SMS-Messages, Events, Clipboard, "Open in..." export, Print.
- EMAIL ACTIONS: Configure your own email actions with preconfigured recipients that can be sent in the background to integration with services like Evernote, OmniFocus Maildrop, Toodledo, IFTTT and more.
- MESSAGE ACTIONS: Create single tap messaging actions with pre-defined recipients and templates.
- DROPBOX and EVERNOTE ACTIONS: Create actions to create/append/prepend to any file in your Dropbox, or note in Evernote with templates and dynamic tags.
- URL ACTIONS: Create actions with URL schemes to integrate with other apps and websites.
- IMPORT/EXPORT/SHARE ACTIONS: Drafts support sharing of custom actions via URLs.
- LINK MODE: Capture phone#s, addresses and URLs and link mode makes them tappable links.
- FORWARD DRAFTS TO OTHER APPS: Any app that can accept text via URL scheme can be added, and our Action Directory has a huge list of ready to install actions for apps such as OmniFocus, Tweetbot, Fantastical, and many more.
- CUSTOMIZE ACTIONS: Arrange actions across 4 action panes, and configure whether actions require confirmation or route drafts after they complete (i.e. send to archive, delete).
- MARKDOWN SUPPORT: Use [Markdown](http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/) to format text, and Drafts can convert it to HTML. Preview the HTML in Drafts, create a HTML email, or copy it to the clipboard for use in other apps.
- TERMINOLOGY SUPPORT: Drafts integrates with [Terminology Ph](http://agiletortoise.com/terminology), our top ranked dictionary-thesaurus app to lookup and select replacement words.
- THEMES AND FONTS: Customize the writing environment. Drafts ships with a selection of color themes, including a "Night" mode. Choose from over a dozen fonts high quality fonts.
- TEXTEXPANDER SUPPORT
- LANDSCAPE TYPING
- EXTENDED KEYBOARD
- Live word and character counts.
## ABOUT US
We love to hear your feedback and ideas. For news and tips, follow @draftsapp on Twitter/App.net/Facebook, or contact us at email@example.com
Mostly a bug fix release, with a couple of quick additions.
- **New**: Updated TextExpander Touch SDK to support new features.
- **Fix**: Background emails with a blank body will no longer error.
- **Fix**: Improvements to sync handling, especially when moving to background – seems to resolve a number of edge cases with Simperium.
- **Fix**: Evernote append/prepend actions should update timestamp on note.
- **Fix**: Evernote login issue with Region set to certain Asian regions when the Evernote app was logged into Evernote International.
- **Fix**: Fix for cases where Evernote Actions set to append/prepend would create new notes when specific words appeared in the note title.
- **Fix**: Fixed Dropbox text typo.
Please continue to send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org, or @draftsapp on Twitter/Facebook/App.net.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 5 days ago
- Agile Tortoise
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (197)
- 7.5 MB