Daedalus Touch – Text Editor for iCloud
“My Favorite iPad Text Editor.” – Charlie Sorrel, WIRED
“A purist and minimalist’s dream.” – Jennifer Allen, 148Apps
“It’s a killer app, and a welcome addition to my writing life.” – Zach LeBar, iPad.AppStorm
Daedalus Touch is the first truly next-gen text editor on iOS. No file lists, no folders, no documents in the classic sense – just paper stacks and an infinite amount of sheets. You navigate by standard gestures, all perfectly mapped and matched to the tasks at hand.
Interacting with digital texts never felt so natural: Flick through pages by swiping left and right, reorder stacks and sheets via drag’n’drop, use tap to open, pinch to close, and select multiple sheets for export with simple taps.
Watch it all at http://www.daedalusapp.com/
The basic version fully utilizes iCloud to keep your texts updated across all of your devices. It’s also tightly integrated with Ulysses for OS X, so you can edit all your texts on the desktop. A simple export facility lets you print and send emails from within the app.
For advanced functionality, several in-app purchases are available:
1) Full synchronization via Dropbox, Box.com and WebDAV, including the option to import .txt and .md files into Daedalus.
2) File export, creating TXT-, PDF-, RTF- and ePub-files with Markdown conversion. Files can be sent as attachments or opened in other apps installed on your device.
3) Additional color themes and the option to use any font you want.
4) All of the above in one complete package.
Please note that users who purchased Daedalus prior to 1.7 will get the full version at no additional cost. Free lunch.
Create, share and synchronize your writings in a beautiful, inspiring environment. Daedalus Touch completely ditches the technical aspects of current-gen text editors and word processors in favor of a natural, fully realized paper stack metaphor.
- Stacks and sheets instead of folders and files.
- Manual sorting of stacks and sheets (no, really).
- Always-on global search. Modeless match highlighting; result stepper.
- Responsive editor, even for large texts (20.000 words and more).
- Highly configurable extra keyboard row, including Fwd-Del and Tab.
- Character- and word count.
- Built-in support for TextExpander touch.
- Built-in web browser to quickly look up or post stuff on the internet (iPad only)
- Support for x-callback-url (Drafts, Launch Center pro etc.).
- Full iCloud sync and backup.
- Export via email and iTunes sharing
- Manual sync with Dropbox, Box.com and/or WebDAV; import folders, set remote sync-folders, sync single stacks, set cloud services on-the-fly.
- File export via email and iOS' “Open in…” service.
- Unlimited font choices, four different color choices (including a “night” mode for writing at… well, night).
- Support for all common Markdown extensions such as .md, .mdown and .markdown.
- Option to process Markdown when exporting to ePub or PDF.
- Universal app, runs on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
- Built for iOS 7.
The Patent Pretending™ Edition, © 2014
- New icon (based on work by Forrest McKinney)
- Changes to the button row are now correctly preserved (first mention of the bug by Harshil Shah on December 20th via Twitter)
- Fixed some problems with In-App Purchases, in particular restoring purchases (prior art: Fixed some problems with iCloud, in particular iCloud restoring stacks and sheets)
- Improved launch time (if you want this in your app, please don’t contact us for license information)
- Fonts can now be downloaded from within the built-in browser (devs, you should copy this, our users are loving it)
- Fixed some nasty editor crashes (according to the Online Etymology Dictionary, the term “nasty” is of unknown origin)
- Fixed a crash when selecting a sync folder (non-obvious, but failed the point of novelty test)
- Minor localization fixes, such as button truncation (see Robert Bringhurst’s “Elements of Typographic Style”, for information on proper use of ellipses)
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 07, 2014
- The Soulmen GbR
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (59)
- 7.1 MB