Compositions is a multiplatform, Dropbox enabled text editor app that is focused on content creation. It features a minimalist interface, a custom file format that gives it unique features not found in other text editors, and synchronization logic built from the ground up.
What People Are Saying
-TheNextWeb.com : "An elegant Dropbox-enabled app for iOS and Mac"
-Editor's Pick on Macworld.com
"The app performs flawlessly, syncs quickly and accurately and via snapshots enables me to liaise with my editor." - UK Review
You can use the snapshot feature to freeze versions of your document, so that you can easily revert to them if you ever have the need. Snapshots are saved along with the file, and carried from device to device.
ON THE MAC
If you're a Mac user, you can download Compositions for free on the Mac App Store, and edit the files with ease!
If you don't have Compositions (OS X) or you want to edit in other editors, you can export your document as a .txt file at any time, and re-import the edited .txt file as a snapshot, allowing you to still make changes in any editor you want.
-Dropbox powered synchronization
-Choose your own folder to sync to in Dropbox
-Full screen mode when typing
-Import and export .txt files at any time
-Free Mac version from the Mac App Store to edit files with ease on your computer
-Works offline and online
-Change the way text is displayed in the editor for easier reading/editing
You can visit our site http://www.capparsa.com
You can follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/capparsa
Finally, you can read our blog: http://www.capparsa.com/blog/
Too long; Didn't read version:
-Fixed things, made it look pretty for iOS 7, and fixed more things.
-Please leave a review if you like it :) [and email me if something broke!]
For those who like to read:
* Total user interface overhaul. iOS 7 and 8 look and feel, better margins, and some dynamic type use
* If a document is offline only, there’s no archiving—only deleting. (Clears up some confusion that occurred)
* You can now turn off word counting, in case you find it distracting. Check it out in settings area.
* When you type, the app goes into full screen mode automatically. You can now dismiss the keyboard by tapping on the white bar, or drag your finger down to get rid of the keyboard and read in full screen mode.
* You can now view word count in full screen mode (the title of the bar will change temporarily)
* Conflict resolution is now defaulted to ON, and can be turned off. Makes syncing faster and easier.
* Added the text (Keep) to the document you plan on keeping when manually managing conflicts
* Made it easier to rename a file by making the (i) button always visible on the document list
* Fixed issue where email window couldn’t be cancelled
* Added pull to refresh for syncing
* Temporarily removed TextExpander support, because it just wasn't working anymore. I'll keep researching this.
* Are you still reading this? Awesome! Seriously, you should leave a 5 star review and be a total rockstar today.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 20, 2014
- 1.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (9)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (68)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Doodle Space Fighter
• medNotes - Medical note taking
• Mocha - Social Calendar