This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS Universal Productivity
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Premium feature: Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 8
- Document Providers
- iCloud Drive
# Blog publishing — Premium only[^1]
Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram blogs and Evernote notebooks from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm title, tags, categories, etc.
[^1]: Requires a one-time in-app purchase for all your iOS devices. Premium on Mac requires a separate one-time purchase.
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
- Add support for TextExpander fill-ins
- Avoid multiple alerts when editing documents in Dropbox
- Fix duplicate folder when creating new folder in iCloud
- Fix incorrect capitalization when using third-party keyboards
- Other minor bug fixes
148Apps —Byword Review