Sol: Sun Clock — sunrise, sunset, and golden hours. Solar alarm clock.
Get reminded when it's sunrise or sunset, wherever you travel! Great for photographers-- find the golden hour times on any date, anywhere.
Sol: Sun Clock is the Swiss army knife of sunlight tools with a design inspired by the simplicity of the sundial. Use it to plan your day, guide natural sleep cycles, plan the perfect photograph or to map out the best times to go fishing.
* Be in tune: Sol will tell you how much sunlight you have left in the day or what time the next sunrise occurs.
* Find solar midnight and solar noon, and all three twilight (dawn and dusk) periods: astronomical twilight, nautical twilight, and civil twilight. Keep tabs on the next solstice and equinox.
* Reminders and Alarms: Use Sol as a natural alarm clock that you can set to any event (like sunset, golden hour or solar noon), and the alarm or reminder time will adjust gradually as the days change with the seasons.
* Automatic Location: Sol not only calculates the amount of daylight and sunrise and sunset times, but does so for any location in the world (both Northern and Southern hemispheres) by using your device's GPS... no network connection required.
* Other locations: Optionally, use the built-in map to choose any location in the world by moving the pin, or search using the name of any city.
* Optional location-aware alarms. Sol knows when you change with your location; and as you travel it will adjust any alarms you set relative to sunrise and sunset times. Create alarms for multiple locations around the world.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. However, GPS runs in the background ONLY if you have set location-aware alarms.
* Fixed crash that could occur when closing the main Date Picker just as the spinning dial was about to stop.
* Fixed DST issue with solar azimuth display.
* Tutorial dialog should no longer come up twice.
* [iPhone] Now remembers which of the swipable infobars (below date) you were looking at when you re-open the app.
* [iPhone] Double tapping the swipable infobars now toggles auto-scrolling. (Note: Off by default. Manually swiping also turns this behavior off. Area flashes red or green on double-tap to show new state.)
* Shows abbreviated city names where necessary.
* Map Picker shows smoother updating of location pin annotation.
* Tutorial delay time changed from 5 minutes to 15 minutes.
* Limited date entry from 1950 to 2050 so that it’s compliant with library that gets solar elevation.
* "Rate this app" dialog appears later the first time, and much later if you press "later."
* No longer resets user-has-seen-tutorial state on new version update.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 09, 2014
- Juggleware, LLC
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (31)
- 11.5 MB