As a photographer, finding ways to organize and share your work is every bit as important as snapping the photo. Photosmith® for iPad revolutionizes this process by making it portable and convenient. Edit metadata on a crowded train, a beach-side hammock, or your couch. Then synchronize the changes with your Lightroom catalog with two taps.
“Got an iPad? Use Adobe Lightroom to organize and mess with your Photos? Then prepare to get excited.” — Charlie Sorrel / Wired
“Photosmith is a solid app. If you’re in that market, and if you think the iPad fits in [your workflow] … Photosmith totally rocks.” — Matt Kloskowski / The Grid Episode 64
“Photosmith lets you do a lot of the things [that] I think are the most desirable for Lightroom on the iPad.” — Leo Laporte / iPad Today Episode 148
“Ditching superfluous gear is great. Photosmith will lighten your photographic load, iPad-loading pics straight from your camera.” — Sam Biddle / Gizmodo
“For me it means I can meet clients anywhere, and do a shoot review making selects at a place that suits them, but without the theatrics of setting up a computer/laptop.” — Sean McCormack / lightroom-blog.com
We believe the best time to tag your photos is right after you take them, while your memory is still fresh. Capture your thoughts and associate them with your photos on your iPad, then later sync everything to your Lightroom catalog, at your convenience.
––– Key Features –––
• Automatic groupings of similar photos with Smart Groups (patent pending)
• Sync your entire Lightroom keyword hierarchy
• Touch-optimized keywording
• Apply IPTC metadata individually, in groups, or with user-defined presets
• Sort and filter your photos by flags, stars, colors or dates
• Share highlights and selections to Facebook, Flickr, Dropbox or email
• Support for camera raw*, JPG, or RAW+JPG
• Support for 200% zoom in all JPG files, and many camera raw formats
• Native support for Export and Publish Services in Adobe Lightroom
• Import photos wirelessly via Eye-Fi and FTP
• Import photos via USB using iTunes
• Very robust and configurable Lightroom sync options, accommodating many workflows
NOTE: Photosmith is not an image editing tool, and cannot edit photo exposure, crop, or modify color temperature. However, you may edit photos using any of the wonderful image editing apps available, and still organize your photos with Photosmith.
–– Camera File Format Support ––
• JPG: Complete support for both image viewing and metadata
• Canon CR2, Nikon NEF, Pentax PEF: Complete support for cameras manufactured since 2011*
• Sony ARW, Panasonic RW2, Olympus ORF: Support for screen-sized viewing and full metadata
• DNG, Fuji RAF: Limited support. The image shown in Apple’s Photos.app will be the same displayed in Photosmith. Metadata and organization is still possible; only the photo viewing experience is limited.
* For a comprehensive list of all tested camera raw filetypes, please visit photosmithapp.com/cameras
–– Requirements ––
• iPad 2 or newer strongly recommended
• iOS 5.1 or higher
• Apple® Camera Connection Kit (only needed when importing images directly from your camera or memory card)
• Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom 3.5 or higher (Lightroom 4.0 or higher strongly recommended)
• Photosmith Lightroom plugin --- A free download from photosmithapp.com/plugin/
• Wi-Fi connection to your Mac or PC during Lightroom sync
–– Support ––
Photosmith was created by a small team of avid photographers. We take customer feedback very seriously and welcome your interaction and discussion.
While every effort has been made to ensure that Photosmith sync “just works,” you may still have questions. Photosmith offers extensive in-app help, and you may contact us directly from within the app.
We also maintain a User Guide as a PDF and individual Knowledge Base articles - both are at support.photosmithapp.com
For a complete list of features and videos, please visit photosmithapp.com
Fixed crash under iOS 7
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 02, 2013
- C² Enterprises, Inc
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (163)
- 25.7 MB