Photo Editing Test Patterns
This app helps you to test iPhone photo editing apps objectively.
iPhone camera may not be the ideal replacement for digital camera. However, at 2MP, the photo can be printed to 4x6 inch prints with reasonable quality, especially after they are processed to improve the contrast and color saturation.
Photo Editing Test Patterns include six commonly used image test patterns, resized to the same resolution as iPhone camera. You can review and save the test patterns to your camera roll. Then, use the patterns to test your photo app:
1. Check the photo editing app's settings. Make sure it uses the highest resolution.
2. Load the test pattern in photo editing app. Apply your favorite filter/effect.
3. Save the modified photo to camera roll.
4. Sync both the original testing pattern and modified one to your computer. Compare the image resolutions. Open them with an image software to full size and compare the quality.
You will see some interesting results:
- Best: Photos are edited at the original 1600x1200 resolution. Good quality for 4x6 prints, OK for 8x10.
- Good: Photos are edited at slightly lower resolution. For example, 1200x900. OK quality for 4x6 prints.
- Bad: Photos are edited at low resolution, 800x600, 640x480, or even 480x320. OK quality for webpages.
- Worst: Photos are edited at low resolution, then resized back to 1600x1200. Unusable for prints and dishonest.
You are welcome to create your own test patterns for comparison. The quality differences are obvious.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 26, 2008
- Average Rating:
- 1.50 (1643)
- 2.6 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Air Photo Wifi Printing
• Audiobooks 5000
• Coin Toss - North America Edition (with cheat)
• Coin Toss World Edition (with Cheat)
• FTP Cam
• Kids Audiobooks HD
• Night Camera
• Photo Lab Daily
• Photo Lab™
• Photos Ultra(Vault + all-in-1 camera + editing + Wifi printing + Wifi transfer + 20-photo email)
• Pose Camera
• Reading Light
• Sudoku 101 (Free)
• Sudoku 401
• Touch Mic