Photo Cube - Animated Art
iOS Universal Photography
It's a mesmerizing and relaxing form of animated computational art - either on screen live or in recorded video.
Put your photos on a spinning cube and other shapes.
Tumble and spin the shapes. Listen to your music as it precesses in space.
Record the graphics to video accompanied with your own music. Its a great way to share your favorite photos.
If you record enough frames and your audio duration is short enough you can create cool slow motion videos because arbitrarily fast frame rates are supported.
You can now use any of your own photo albums for such animation. This enables you to create video animations of photos that for artwork, specific events, topics, people etc.
Edit photos: Add MEME, Crop, Adjust, Filter and more.
Tap the shape faces to set their photo.
Generate videos that include audio from your music library. Access this new feature from the options menu:
1) Choose 'Start Recording' to record frames of the graphic. During the recording manually adjust the graphic or turn on animation.
2) Record as many frames as you want - up to the maximum determined by space available on your device. The record view shows the duration* of the frames recorded, as well as a countdown to maximum allowed.
*Assuming you do not generate a video with audio. In that case the duration will match the audio.
Preferably record enough frames to match the duration of the audio you select in the next step. That ensures the playback is smooth at common frame rates.
You can access the folder of recorded frames using iTunes File Sharing. See more about this below.
3) When recording is done choose 'Generate Video' to create the video from the recorded frames.
You will be presented with an option to select audio from your music library.
You can choose a different audio file each time you generate a video with the current collection of recorded frames.
You can save the video to your Photos library when it is complete, or at a later time using the 'Save Video' Options menu item.
You can also access the generated video using iTunes File Sharing. See more about this below.
4) Generate video again! You can reuse the recorded frames as many times as you like with different audio files.
5) File Sharing: You can access the recorded frames, generated video, as well as the audio recording, using iTunes File Sharing.
Note that this has a consequence for 'advanced users': You can store the recorded files on your computer and then restore them at a later time.
Simply drag and drop folders to and from the file sharing pane of Photo Cube in iTunes.
Note: the folder of recorded frames must be called 'Photo Directory'.
Slow Motion Animation
Since arbitrarily fast frame rates are supported you can make slow motion videos simply by recording enough frames for the given audio duration.
For example, if you record 875 frames and use an audio with duration of 7 seconds the frame rate will be 125 fps (125 x 7 = 875). This frame rate will likely be interpreted as a slow motion video.
However, when this situation arises you are presented with an alert that provides the option to truncate the number of frames to a value that creates a standard frame rate for the audio chosen.
• FIXED: A problem adding photos with the camera was fixed.
Previous Update v 1.4.1:
• NEW: Add previous picked photo or camera shot to other faces.
• IMPROVED: New image loading method to avoid memory issues with very large photos on devices with limited memory.
Previous Update v 1.4:
• Video recording and generation is now supported in iOS 9 and iOS 10 (previously only iOS 11)
• Current album can be changed during animation
• Videos can be generated with frames rotated 90º (i.e. landscape mode)
• Additional recording progress shown when the option stop recording when video duration matches the current audio.
• The recording and video can be deleted by the app to save space on your device when done
• 8 additional sample audio (access from + button in Options pane)
• To improve video quality and performance animation is turned off when generation commences.
• NEW: Pick current audio from iCloud Drive in addition to your music library, many built-in samples and by copying from other apps
• NEW: Automatically stop recording when the recording duration matches the current audio duration
• NEW: Play the generated video inside the app. This avoids the need to save the video to Photos to view it
• NEW: Current playing audio progress is displayed
• More built-in sample audio
• Additional improvements to video generation and app performance
• New options pane offer 6 animation speeds, 3 image qualities. Access from the Options menu.
• Can receive audio from other apps such as Messages, Files (iCloud Drive) and Mail as well as the Music app. Makes it easier to incorporate audio into video animations. Common audio types include m4a, mp3, m4r, wav, caf, aiff and aac
• In the options pane various information is available such as number of recorded frames, video duration at 30 FPS for that number of frames and the duration of the audio
• Recordings can be continued after they are stopped
• Video frames can be cropped square
• Option to fit whole image on shape faces rather than crop
• iCloud photos support added: The random photo selection for animation has been improved with the ability to load photos stored in iCloud.
• Albums support added: You can now choose to use any of your own photo albums for random photo selection in animation , as well as 'All Photos'.
• New video recording feature. Record animations of the graphics.
• New option to animate graphics with existing face photos.
• Edited photos are now saved so they will be presented on next launch.