iOS Universal Photography
Montage is an app for people who think outside the box. No templates are provided - you place images on an infinite canvas, where they can be edited and moved around. Everything you create with Montage is unique.
The sales pitch ends here, and what follows is a description of what you can actually do with the app:
- Put objects on an infinite canvas
Photos, text, clipart, emoji - they are your building blocks. You can place as many as you like on the canvas. Once there, they can be moved, rotated, scaled and blended together, as well as duplicated, deleted or reordered - using a variety of familiar multi-touch gestures. You can also move around the canvas and transform the entire composition at once.
- Images can take any shape
You are not limited to rectangular shapes: object can take any form, from simple geometric shapes like circles or stars, to complex shapes like blocks of text or hand drawn blobs.
- There are filters, but without presets
Choose from over 50 building blocks to build unique filters that can completely transform each element of your composition. Manipulate colours, distort geometry and emulate art styles - applied one after another, these tools can add style to any image.
- Share just the parts you want
In the end, you will most likely want to create an image - one you can share on Instagram or print out and hang on a wall. With Montage, you have full control over this process. You get to define which part of the composition you wish to export, and you can specify the image format and the exact size of the final image.
Some other features you might find interesting:
- Over 200 high quality emoji to choose from
- Mix colors and access a huge color library
- Use repeating background patterns
- Document manager with autosave and previews
- Search Flickr, Pixabay and OCAL for images
- Search ColourLovers for background patterns
- Import custom fonts
- Keep track of image sources for attribution
- Instagram optimized output format available
Montage is one of the oldest of the photography applications still in development: its first version was released in 2009, and there have been 5 major releases since then. Its development has been continuous and feedback driven: suggestions of people like you have helped make it what it is today. I encourage you to purchase this fine product, and afterwards, should you have any requests or problems, to contact me - many people have done so over the years, and I take pride in responding to each and every request personally.
- Over 20 new filters (availability depends on device and iOS version)
- Fixed scaling issue with certain filters
- Fixed initial image placement issue
- Fixed crash on orientation change while in background
- Removed Google Image Search, since the service was discontinued
- Pixabay integration has been updated in anticipation of upcoming changes
- Cosmetic fixes for newer devices, compatibility with iPad Pro