Lens•Lab is a virtual lens simulation tool for photographers of all skill levels. It graphically illustrates how depth of field and field of view relate to your SLR camera and lenses.
Professionals will like how quick and easy it is to get depth of field calculations.
Semi-pro photographers will enjoy configuring "what-if?" scenarios for various lenses.
Photography beginners will find it to be a great learning tool by exploring the interplay of aperture, focal length, and focal distance in real time.
Lens•Lab is more than a great depth of field calculator, it's a lens simulator that can help you explore, see, and intuitively understand how depth of field works with your camera and lenses.
Advanced visual depiction of depth of field with real-time controls:
• The background scales from 10 centimeters to 100 meters interactively
• Out-of-focus areas are represented as blurred in real-time
• Distance labels, angle of view, and other information updates as you touch
Easily control aperture, focal length, and focal distance with sliders or touch:
• Aperture (from ƒ/0.95 to ƒ/64 in continuous increments)
• Focal Length (configurable from 1mm to "very large number")
• Focal Distance (from 10cm to 100m)
Information overlays are independently configurable:
• Hyperfocal Distance
• Far Depth of Field
• Focal Distance
• Near Depth of Field
• Total Depth of Field
• Vertical Angle of View
• Distance Scale
• Simulated Blur
Sensor size is configurable for:
• Full Frame (35mm)
• APS-H (1.3x crop factor)
• DX (1.5x crop factor)
• APS-C (1.6x crop factor)
• Four Thirds (2.0x crop factor)
Additionally, there are controls for distance units (metric or imperial) and display of Full Frame Equivalent focal length (for cameras with sensors smaller than full frame.)
Included is a usage guide that explains all features of the application as well as depth of field in photography.
Lens•Lab works with all iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad models running iOS 5 or newer including retina displays and iPhone 5.
Lens•Lab, the world's most advanced yet simple to use depth of field tool has been updated! Finally, after almost two long years. Wowsers!
Here's what's new:
• iPhone 5 wideness!
• Focal length constraints! You can customize the virtual lens's minimum and maximum focal length. Values from 1mm to "very large number" are supported.
• More sensor formats! By popular demand, we've added APS-H and DX formats.
• Better imperial measurements! 8.7 feet? What was I thinking? Now we report imperial measurements in feet, feet and inches, and 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 inches. Metric measurements are unchanged.
• Better aperture controls! Pick an arbitrary value from ƒ/0.95 to ƒ/64!
• Precision sliders! The slider controls now have precision built-in. Just slide your finger vertically to make the slider more or less precise. Check out this neato feature!
• Better interaction! Slide your finger in the left 1/4 of the screen to adjust focal length (up & down) and aperture (left & right).
This is the best version of Lens•Lab yet! We hope you like it and it makes your life better. We appreciate awesome ratings!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 22, 2013
- Jeff Menter
- 0.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (20)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (42)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• MD5 Calculator
• The Beer Nerd's Olde Volume Equivalence Calculator