Images of Yellowstone
Discover the beauty of Yellowstone National Park through hundreds of photographs taken by park staff over the years. This app is a database of some of spectacular sights and vistas of the park and surrounding mountains, with particular focus on landscapes, flora, and geology. If you're looking for animal photos, I recommend the "Animals of Yellowstone" app, which can also be found on iTunes.
Yellowstone National Park is located primarily in the U.S. state of Wyoming, though it also extends into Montana and Idaho.
All photos included in this application are verified public domain, since they were taken in the service of the US Federal Government and made available without license restriction to the general public. This app does NOT include detailed information about the subject matter being pictured. In general, it includes only a title, and sometimes the date and photographer.
A subset of the overall feature list for this application includes:
- Advanced search for all images. The top 150 images are returned by the search engine. If you need a more finely-tuned search, simply add more terms into the search field. You can also do a category-specific search.
- Add/edit/remove images, and access images you added using My Images. If you find image data that needs revision, you can edit it using your on-screen keypad, or add your own interesting data, or perhaps an image that you took while in the field.
- You can rate images on a 5-star system. Once rated, the image is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button in the "More" section at the bottom of the screen.
- Mark your favorite images, and view them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access since the button is always-visible at the bottom of the screen.
- E-mail any image to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. We've given you a starting point to help you categorize and organize your images, but you can always add more, or change the default categorization. Also, you can put any image in up to 2 categories, if desired.
- Shake your mobile device for a random image. This is just fun on every level. Your kids will like this one, too.
- "View All" images for access to every item in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of photos in this app.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one image to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating this database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the image. For example, you may want to keep some notes about where you last observed the image. Or, perhaps you would like to keep track of where you learned about it, or when the photo was taken.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read about that image you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
UPGRADES ARE ALWAYS FREE for applications created by Darren Gates
If you liked this app, you'll probably also like things like "Animals Big and Small" and "Garden Plants DB" and many other knowledge-based applications by Darren Gates.
COPYRIGHT & LICENSE INFORMATION
The content contained in this application comes from a variety of public domain sources. To the best of our knowledge, the images and content used in this app can be used in commercial products without license restriction.
If you have questions about our use of this content, or if you believe that some of this content may be copyrighted, please contact Darren Gates at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. We take claims of copyright infringement very seriously, and will promptly remove any offending content.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 27, 2010
- Darren Gates
- Average Rating:
- 1.00 (1)
- 39.8 MB