Iceland by Juro Kovacik
The Icelandic landscape is mesmerizing, like a human body without skin. Bones, muscles and tendons.
You can see how it was built, you can see how it works. The Icelandic landscape looks like the Earth in its infancy.
The rivers are wild and clear, the hills steep and proud and the plains rough and empty.
The ocean... the ocean is cold and dark, the never ending hum and roar of its waves, just a hint of its power.
The fragile but stubborn life, from moss and fungus growing on bare stones to stiff grass and ailing trees, everything fighting for survival in a world that just began.
This book will on 192 pages accompany you on a journey around the places of raw beauty in four parts of Iceland: Snaefellsnes peninsula on the West, south west of Iceland around Godafoss waterfall, south east coast under Vatnajökull and North of Iceland around Akureyri.
The last chapter is dedicated to the Route #1. Text is in English and French.
iPad application enable intuitive scrolling, fullscreen layout of photographs, zoom into photography to grasp details of the image and quick access to certain pages by CoverFlow view.
Juro Kovacik (1964), is a freelance photographer living in Bratislava, Slovakia. More about him and his work on www.jurokovacik.com
MagBooks® are the first perfectly animated photography books for the iPhone and iPad.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 17, 2012
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 86.7 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Amazing Spain from Torkil Storli
• Die Jahre in Banalistan - Thorsten John Wolf
• JVA Stammheim, Semesterprojekt, Andreas Magdanz
• Kirk Sora atomic powered golem
• La Storia von Barbara Dombrowski
• Rooms by Andreas Schöning
• Scans von Tamara A.Y. Wahby
• Silent Spaces by Sabine Stein
• Somewhere between the shores by Jan O. Schreiber
• Sonntags an den Rhein von Eva-Maria Burchard
• Westbank by Grischa Schmitz
• Zu Fuß von Christoph Honig