Ever have problems taking that perfect photo? Can't frame a straight shot? Need help getting a level image? Use gyroLens! This full-featured camera app has a killer new feature: it automatically levels photos in real time, while shooting. With gyroLens, you don’t need to worry about crooked aim or setting up and taking level shots – the app does it for you. gyroLens brings a true point-and-shoot capability to iOS devices, and makes photography easier and more fun. Shortly after release, the app was featured in iTunes "New and Noteworthy" in January 2011, "What's Hot" in February 2011, and it has been part of iTunes "App Store Essentials".
gyroLens gets its name by using the gyro (iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4th generation) and accelerometer (iPhone 3G and 3GS) to correctly and automatically frame a level shot from any scene. Choose from clip and mask modes that cut out the level frame, or fill mode which zooms the level frame back to full size. The app also includes a gyro-off mode for regular uncorrected image capture.
In addition to its unique gyro capabilities, gyroLens is also a full-featured camera app, offering the following:
* Small, large, burst, and timer shot modes
* Manual tap-to-focus and exposure (iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4)
* Focus and exposure activity indicators
* Front camera (iPhone 4 and iPod 4) and rear camera
* Flash on/off/auto (iPhone 4)
* 1X, 2X, 4X zoom
* Portrait and landscape reference frames
* Gyro clip, fill, off modes
* Fast buffered image saves
* HUD on/off options
* gyro/accelerometer calibration
* camera and location EXIF metadata
gyroLens is great for action shots, macro shots, self portraits, scene compositions, and situations where it's hard to line up a level image due to complicated terrain, bad position, poor aim, or lack of time to aim. gyroLens frames a level 4:3 sub-image from the scene, with perfect alignment every time.
Added option to change button colors.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 04, 2011
- Hunter Research and Technology, LLC
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (14)
- 0.6 MB