The Seagate® Media™ app gives you easy access to all the photos, videos, music and documents stored on Seagate Wireless Plus, Seagate Central or GoFlex Satellite™ storage devices. To connect to Seagate Wireless Plus or GoFlex Satellite, simply turn on your device and choose the “Seagate Wireless” network from your device's Wi-Fi settings. You can access Seagate Central when connected to your home Wi-Fi network. Choose one of the options from the drop down menu to view your media by category (Videos, Photos, Music or Documents) and then navigate your media library with a traditional file/folder view or choose a visual experience that can include cover art (music & videos) and photo thumbnails.
Seagate Wireless drives create their own Wi-Fi network, so your mobile device can connect directly and stream media without an Internet connection. Videos stream and play with the default media player on your mobile device for a familiar experience. With the option to open files with other apps installed on your mobile device, you can play/view content that isn’t supported by default in iOS. The Seagate Media app also enables you to upload photos, videos and other files from your mobile device to your Seagate Wireless or Seagate Central drive in full resolution and quality, perfect for offloading files to free up space on your Seagate device or keeping an extra back copy*.
Access your media and the Internet at the same time. Seagate Wireless drives can connect to a nearby Wi-Fi network, such as a coffee shop hotspot or your home router and pass through the Internet connection to your mobile device. This enables you to multitask and do things like stream music from a Seagate Wireless drive and check email at the same time.
This app requires a Seagate Wireless Plus, Seagate Central or GoFlex Satellite storage device.
• Access your media library stored on a Seagate Wireless Plus or GoFlex Satellite mobile wireless storage device wherever you are – no Internet required.
• Access Seagate Central from the Seagate Media app anywhere you have a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. Be sure to enter your Username and Password in the “Remote access” tab in Settings to access Seagate Central when not connected to your home network.
• Stream HD videos and begin playback almost instantly and enjoy your music collection, photo albums, and documents too
• Create on-the-go music playlists
• Save files to your mobile device to view when not connected to your Seagate Wireless drive or Seagate Central
• Upload pictures and videos from your mobile device to your Seagate Central or Seagate Wireless Plus*
• Save pictures to your device’s camera roll for use with other apps installed on your mobile device
• Airplay compatible
*Feature not available on GoFlex Satellite mobile wireless storage device.
- Bug fixing
- Please upgrade your Seagate device to latest firmware
For Seagate Wireless Plus firmware
For Seagate GoFlex Satellite firmware
For Seagate Central, keep it connected to the Internet overnight.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 09, 2014
- Seagate Technology
- 28.5 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.50 (71)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (982)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• GoFlex Access
• Seagate Backup
• Seagate® Global Access
• TV Remote (Seagate Technology LLC)