iOS Universal Photography
The Seagate Media app gives you access to all the photos, videos, music, and documents stored on your compatible Seagate storage devices. Quickly and easily browse your media library with classic file/folder view, thumbnails or a range of filters.
• Access your media library stored on a Seagate Wireless device, no Internet needed
• Access content stored on your Seagate Personal Cloud device from anywhere you have a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. Be sure to enter your username and password in the “Remote Access" tab when outside of your home network.
• Open, Create, Edit, Save files in compatible 3rd party apps directly to/from Seagate Wireless/Plus and Personal Cloud (Local-only)
• Synchronize your files on Dropbox and/or Google Drive (requires an Internet connection, only available on Wireless Plus devices)
• Stream media to Chromecast, Android TV*, Amazon Fire TV*, LG Smart TV, Xbox One, Sonos, Roku, and most DLNA devices
*Make sure to install our new Seagate Media Receiver app to your Android TV or Amazon Fire TV so that you can browse content from this Seagate Media app and then cast it to your TV
• Automatically back up pictures and videos from your mobile device
• Support for third-party media players allows you to stream videos with other media apps installed on your device
• Control your music from Android Wear devices for conveniently changing tracks on-the-go
The following devices are supported by this app:
•Seagate Wireless Plus
•Seagate Personal Cloud
•Seagate GoFlex Satellite
Note: Users of iOS 7 and earlier can stream iTunes-purchased content to their iPad, iPod Touch, or iPhone from their Seagate device (a function in the Safari web browser authorizes and plays back the protected file). Unfortunately, users of iOS 8 or later will not be able to stream iTunes purchased content as this feature is no longer supported in iOS 8 and later.
What's new in this release?
• Open, create, edit, save files in compatible 3rd party apps directly to/from Seagate Wireless/Plus and Personal Cloud (local-only)
• Added the ability to cast to Android TV and Amazon Fire TV
• Improved device discovery and remote access performance for Seagate Personal Cloud devices
• Updated casting performance for Chromecast, Roku, LG Smart TVs, Xbox One, and Sonos
• Added the ability to upgrade the firmware on Wireless/Plus devices from Seagate Media App
• We also squashed a few small bugs in the process
In previous release:
• New casting options - cast to Xbox One and Sonos devices
• Updated Casting code for improved support for Chromecast, Roku, LG Smart TV
• Various enhancements / fixes