iOS Universal Photography
Seagate Media App gives you access to your photos, videos, music, and documents stored on compatible Seagate storage devices. Quickly and easily browse your digital library with a classic file/folder view, thumbnails, or using a range of filters.
• Access your media library stored on a Seagate Wireless device – no Internet connection required
• Access content stored on your Seagate Personal Cloud device from any available Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. Enter your username and password in the “Remote Access" tab when outside of your home network.
• Create, edit, and save files directly to/from your Seagate Wireless/Plus and Personal Cloud (local-only) devices using compatible 3rd party apps
• Synchronize your files on popular cloud services like Dropbox (requires Internet connection and only available on Wireless Plus)
• Backup pictures and videos automatically from your mobile device
• Cast content to Chromecast, Roku, LG Smart TVs, Xbox One, Sonos, Amazon Fire TV*, and most DLNA devices
*Install our new Seagate Media Receiver app to your Amazon Fire TV to browse content through Seagate Media app before casting to your TV.
Seagate Media App works with:
• Seagate Wireless
• Seagate Wireless Plus
• Seagate Personal Cloud
• Seagate GoFlex Satellite
• Seagate Central
Please visit our app support site for articles, videos, and more at the Seagate Media Support (Developer) website.
• Directly access your Seagate Wireless/Plus and Personal Cloud (local-only) devices using compatible 3rd party apps to create, edit, and save files
• Improved device discovery and remote access performance for Seagate Personal Cloud devices
• Updated casting performance for Chromecast, Roku, LG Smart TVs, Xbox One, Sonos, and Amazon Fire TV
• Enabled firmware upgrade capability for Seagate Wireless/Plus devices from within Seagate Media App
• Squashed bugs in the process
The previous release included:
• New casting options for Xbox One and Sonos devices
• Updated Casting code for improved support for Chromecast, Roku, LG Smart TV
• Various enhancements and fixes
Note: Users of iOS 7 and earlier were able to stream iTunes-purchased content to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch from their Seagate devices (a function within the Safari browser authorizes playback of protected files).