50 Greatest Photographs of National Geographic
iOS iPad Photography
“Wouldn’t you love to find out the behind-the-scenes stories on how each of these pictures happened? National Geographic’s iPad® app tells you just that.” —Gizmodo
National Geographic’s 50 Greatest Photographs brings to life with behind-the-scenes stories about our most iconic photographs; videos from our photographers; daily updates from Your Shot, our forum for user-submitted photography; and much more.
Key features and functionalities:
• Behind the Photos: Learn the stories behind these images from the photographers themselves, and see videos explaining how they captured their shots.
• Near Frames: See the sequence of images made by the photographers in the field, and find out how the “perfect shot” happened.
• Share the Photos: Share National Geographic’s 50 Greatest Photographs with your friends through email, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Your Shot: Connect with National Geographic magazine’s community by viewing our top user-submitted photographs or submitting your best photographs.
• Geo-tagged Photos: Tap a pin on a map and go directly to one of our 50 Greatest Photographs.
• Photographer Bios: National Geographic magazine attracts the world’s finest photographers. Here is your chance to learn more about them.
• History: Immerse yourself in National Geographic magazine’s rich photographic history with time lines covering more than a century of milestones.
• In the Magazine: See how all of these images originally appeared in the magazine.
About the National Geographic Society
The National Geographic Society has been inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888. It is one of the largest nonprofit scientific and educational institutions in the world. Its interests include geography, archaeology and natural science, and the promotion of environmental and historical conservation.
Minor bug fixes and compatibility updates.