This app was removed from the App Store.
Widows & Widowers Magazine
iOS Universal Newsstand
This quarterly magazine is written by widows and widowers for widows and widowers. It is full of the practical advice and support you need during the first few months.
Inside each issue you will find:
What Happens Now?
- Getting through the first few days, including a jargon buster
News and Reviews
- Widows making news and the books and films about us
Shared Not Scared
- Compare craziness with others going through similar things
- Whether you're suddenly wealthy or have lost everything, either way, it's all very new
- Cutting through the red tape and defending your rights
- The good, the bad and the in-laws
Friends, Lovers and Others
- It's not just you: everyone's acting strangely
Health and Wellbeing
- The basic maintenance you forget about when suffering from shock
House and Home
- Getting to grips with the essentials that they always did around the home
Food and Drink
- Easy nutrition for when cooking is the last thing you want to do
- Your other first aid kit: organisations that can help
This is a free app download. Within the app users can purchase the current issue and back issues.
Subscriptions are also available within the application. A subscription will start from the latest issue.
Available subscriptions are:
6 months: £4.49 / €5.99 / $5.99 (2 issues)
-The subscription will renew automatically unless cancelled more than 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for the product.
-You may turn off the auto-renewal of subscriptions through your Account Settings, however you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period.
-Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when a subscription to that publication is purchased.
Bundles of single issues can be also be bought within the application. To use purchased credits, simply click on the issue price and select ‘use credit’. This allows you to purchase back issues at reduced prices.
Users can register for/ login to a pocketmags account in-app. This will protect their issues in the case of a lost device and allow browsing of purchases on multiple platforms. Existing pocketmags users can retrieve their purchases by logging into their account.
We recommend loading the app for the first time in a wi-fi area so that all issue data is retrieved.
If your app will not load past the splash page after a first install or an update, please delete and reinstall the app from the App Store
Help and frequently asked questions be accessed in-app and on pocketmags.
If you have any problems at all please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
You can find our terms and conditions here:
General bug fixes, performance and memory improvements
**We always love to hear your feedback. If you have any comments or queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org**