RUNNING TIMES AUGUST 2014 ISSUE NOW AVAILABLE!
• Beautiful Competition: Trail races of all distances can take runners through the most-scenic parts of the country, often not accessible except on foot. Here are five of the most-beautiful races across the country.
• Respecting the Wilderness on the Run: The boom in the popularity of trail running has been cause for environmental concern. When runners who haven't had proper wilderness training step to the starting line, they sometimes bring a road-racing mentality to a sport that prides itself on respecting nature. Here are the basic rules of the trail for those who are new to the single track.
• Trail Shoe Guide: Most of the shoes you see in this review are retreads of existing models and, when there are any substantial changes, the alterations are toward the more conservative. A review of 15 shoes, plus additional online reviews.
• The Contradiction of Krar: How a 37-year-old pharmacist became the world’s most feared ultramarathoner. Rob Krar finished second in his first ultra (Western States 100) and he set course records during two of his six wins in 2013.
• Why Speed Kills: A look at the physiology of speed work, how it inhibits aerobic development, how to maximize its effects with the minimal amount of work, and how to work around the negative effects while maintaining muscular speed.
• AND...news, owner's manual, high school, masters, racing and more.
Running Times Magazine Subscriptions available though iTunes:
Subscribe now for one year and get a free extra month of access to Running Times (U.S. edition), plus app exclusives. All Subscriptions automatically renew (see more details below).
1-year subscription: $9.99 for Running Times, automatically renews for additional years of access and is charged to your iTunes account until you cancel. Your iTunes account will be charged for the first year subscription at the conclusion of your free month of access unless you cancel in the manner described below.
AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL: Your subscription automatically renews unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. To subscribe tap one of the subscription banners located in the top left of the Library or Home pages inside the application. iTunes will automatically charge your account at the same price stated above for each annual renewal period 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active the subscription period and no refunds are provided by iTunes. Free months of access are only available to new subscribers.
***Please make sure to update your iPad to iOS5 to take full advantage of all the new functionality in this application.
Minor updates and bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 07, 2014
- Rodale Inc. Digital
- 7.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.50 (40)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 1001 Sugar Smart Foods
• Abs Diet Smoothie Selector
• Best Life Magazine
• Conrad Magazine
• Cook This, Not That!
• Cook This, Not That! 350 Calorie Meals
• Eat This, Not That! Restaurants
• Eat This, Not That! The Game
• Flat-Belly Express
• He Said She Said
• Hot Body Yoga
• Instant Wingman
• Learn Her Secrets
• Men's Health 20-Minute Muscle Meals
• Men's Health 28-Day Fat Blaster
• Men's Health Get Back In Shape
• Men's Health Personal Trainer
• Men's Health Pushup Challenge
• Men's Health Speed Shred
• Men's Health Training Guides
• Men's Health Ultimate Abs
• Men's Health Workouts
• Men's Health Workouts Lite
• Men’s Health Magazine
• Organic Gardening Mag
• Organic Gardening Planting Planner 2014
• Runner's World
• Slim Down Shopping List
• Waldorf Astoria Magazine
• Women's Health 28-Day Fat Blaster
• Women's Health Amazing Abs Workouts
• Women's Health Look Better Naked
• Women's Health Mag
• Women's Health Personal Trainer
• Women's Health Sexy Arms & Shoulder Workouts
• Women's Health Tight Butt & Lean Legs Workouts
• Women's Health Total Body Fat-Burning Workouts
• Women's Health Workouts
• Womens Health Lite