RUNNING TIMES SEPTEMBER 2014 ISSUE NOW AVAILABLE!
• Having a Ball: Grant Fisher, is a top male high school distance runner who has had national-level success in cross country and on the track. What’s more, he’s a two-sport star—a national champion in running and he plays soccer at the Olympic development level. Plus, why it is that so many top distance runners come from soccer and how adults can incorporate multisport training into their lives to benefit their running.
• Queen of the Teens: Alexa Efraimson, reigning NXN champion, in her own words, about her training, nutrition and the coaching philosophy behind her emergence.
• To Coach and Be Coached: Laura Thweatt, an assistant coach at Monarch High School in Colorado, perennial national contenders, is an elite athlete herself. (She won the national club cross country championships in December.) She trains with both the girls’ and boys’ teams and talks about balancing her personal aspirations with coaching and how sharing her wisdom with her teams makes them better—and her, too.
• Fueling a Busy Day: High school athletes need to learn how to fuel for practices, mid-week meets, and Saturday invitationals without going hungry or filling up on empty calories.
• In Flow: Why do our fastest runs and races often seem the easiest? Why are we happiest when doing challenging tasks that require our full concentration and energy? And why do we return time and time again to activities like running when more leisurely activities abound? The answer is "flow." Also known as a "peak experience" or being "in the zone," flow experiences can be experienced more often than many realize through hard work and seeking out challenging opportunities.
• AND...news, owner's manual, college, masters, trails, racing and more.
Running Times Magazine Subscriptions available though iTunes:
Subscribe now for one year and get a free extra month of access to Running Times (U.S. edition), plus app exclusives. All Subscriptions automatically renew (see more details below).
1-year subscription: $9.99 for Running Times, automatically renews for additional years of access and is charged to your iTunes account until you cancel. Your iTunes account will be charged for the first year subscription at the conclusion of your free month of access unless you cancel in the manner described below.
AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL: Your subscription automatically renews unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. To subscribe tap one of the subscription banners located in the top left of the Library or Home pages inside the application. iTunes will automatically charge your account at the same price stated above for each annual renewal period 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active the subscription period and no refunds are provided by iTunes. Free months of access are only available to new subscribers.
***Please make sure to update your iPad to iOS5 to take full advantage of all the new functionality in this application.
Minor updates and bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 07, 2014
- Rodale Inc. Digital
- 7.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.50 (40)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 1001 Sugar Smart Foods
• Abs Diet Smoothie Selector
• Conrad Magazine
• Flat-Belly Express
• He Said She Said
• Hot Body Yoga
• Instant Wingman
• Learn Her Secrets
• Men's Health 20-Minute Muscle Meals
• Men's Health 28-Day Fat Blaster
• Men's Health Get Back In Shape
• Men's Health Personal Trainer
• Men's Health Pushup Challenge
• Men's Health Speed Shred
• Men's Health Training Guides
• Men's Health Ultimate Abs
• Men's Health Workouts
• Men's Health Workouts Lite
• Men’s Health Magazine
• Organic Gardening Mag
• Organic Gardening Planting Planner 2014
• Runner's World
• Slim Down Shopping List
• Waldorf Astoria Magazine
• Women's Health 28-Day Fat Blaster
• Women's Health Amazing Abs Workouts
• Women's Health Look Better Naked
• Women's Health Mag
• Women's Health Personal Trainer
• Women's Health Sexy Arms & Shoulder Workouts
• Women's Health Tight Butt & Lean Legs Workouts
• Women's Health Total Body Fat-Burning Workouts
• Women's Health Workouts
• Womens Health Lite