Running Times, the magazine for the highly competitive runner, is now on the iPad. Every month you’ll enjoy in-depth content that goes beyond the basics, sharing details on the training methods, racing tactics, and motivations of the world's best runners, and giving advice on how to apply the principles of this elite training to your own running.
RUNNING TIMES MAY 2014 ISSUE NOW AVAILABLE!
• Shalane’s Quest: She’s an Olympic medalist and the top female distance runner in the country, but shalane Flanagan won’t rest until she has a Boston marathon championship to her name.
It’s everything to her. as she puts in 110-mile weeks in January at 7,000 feet above sea level, she not only wants a 2014 podium position to notch her ultimate athletic accomplishment, but to give Americans a reason to cheer again on Boylston street.
• The Golden Age of Girls HS Running: We’re living in a golden age for girls high school running. With Mary Cain, Alexa Efraimson, Sarah Baxter, Elise Cranny and others putting up times that seemed inconceivable a few years back, this time period is as exciting as the Alan Webb/Ryan Hall/Dathan Ritzenhein era in boys running a decade ago. Our writer, Marc Bloom, has 35 years experience following high school running and examines the factors that are contributing to help girls run at a higher level than ever thought possible, even while they’re balancing AP classes and SAT prep.
• The Art and Science of the Taper: To run your best when the stakes are highest is the goal of every serious runner. One of the most essential steps in getting the best out of yourself is tapering properly—that is, cutting back on mileage while maintaining or increasing intensity in the hope of bettering your running performances. But how do you know if you are giving yourself the best chance for success or sacrificing fitness and routine? The best taper isn’t one-size-fits-all: it depends on the type of runner you are, how you handle recovery and the stress of racing, as well as the distance you plan to race. We look at a number of tapering models and the theory behind them to help you plan your next taper, so that you can race your best.
• AND...news, owner's manual, college, masters, racing and more.
Running Times Magazine Subscriptions available though iTunes:
Subscribe now for one year and get a free extra month of access to Running Times (U.S. edition), plus app exclusives. All Subscriptions automatically renew (see more details below).
1-year subscription: $9.99 for Running Times, automatically renews for additional years of access and is charged to your iTunes account until you cancel. Your iTunes account will be charged for the first year subscription at the conclusion of your free month of access unless you cancel in the manner described below.
AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL: Your subscription automatically renews unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. To subscribe tap one of the subscription banners located in the top left of the Library or Home pages inside the application. iTunes will automatically charge your account at the same price stated above for each annual renewal period 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active the subscription period and no refunds are provided by iTunes. Free months of access are only available to new subscribers.
***Please make sure to update your iPad to iOS5 to take full advantage of all the new functionality in this application.
-Minor enhancements and bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 04, 2013
- Rodale Inc. Digital
- 8.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.50 (41)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 1001 Sugar Smart Foods
• Abs Diet Smoothie Selector
• Best Life Magazine
• Conrad Magazine
• Cook This, Not That!
• Cook This, Not That! 350 Calorie Meals
• Eat This, Not That! Restaurants
• Eat This, Not That! The Game
• Flat-Belly Express
• He Said She Said
• Hot Body Yoga
• Instant Wingman
• Learn Her Secrets
• Men's Health 20-Minute Muscle Meals
• Men's Health 28-Day Fat Blaster
• Men's Health Get Back In Shape
• Men's Health Personal Trainer
• Men's Health Pushup Challenge
• Men's Health Speed Shred
• Men's Health Training Guides
• Men's Health Ultimate Abs
• Men's Health Workouts
• Men's Health Workouts Lite
• Men’s Health Magazine
• Organic Gardening Mag
• Organic Gardening Planting Planner 2014
• Runner's World
• Slim Down Shopping List
• Waldorf Astoria Magazine
• Women's Health 28-Day Fat Blaster
• Women's Health Amazing Abs Workouts
• Women's Health Look Better Naked
• Women's Health Mag
• Women's Health Personal Trainer
• Women's Health Sexy Arms & Shoulder Workouts
• Women's Health Tight Butt & Lean Legs Workouts
• Women's Health Total Body Fat-Burning Workouts
• Women's Health Workouts
• Womens Health Lite