RUNNING TIMES OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2014 ISSUE NOW AVAILABLE!
• What Pace Easy Days?: Training schedules are mostly filled with easy days. Yet while we get detailed instructions on exactly what pace to run each repeat on our hard days, the pace and effort for easy days is left maddenly open. Examples from elites don't always help. We hear that Kenyans run very, very slow on easy days, and we usually go too fast. But then we read that Alberto Salazar coached Mo Farah to run faster on his easy days. What pace should we run on all these open-ended, non-workout days? Like much in training, it depends on what your training for, how many hard days you're doing, where you are in your training cycle, how much time you need for recovery, and more. RT looks at what factors should effect your pace on an easy day, and we simplify the decision with a flow chart to help you run the right pace every day out.
• A Bronx Tale: Buzunesh Deba is the best marathoner training on U.S. soil. Ethiopian by birth and citizenship, she lives and trains in the Bronx, not far north of where she hopes to cross the finish line first in November's New York City Marathon after placing second twice. Coming off a sub 2:20 at this year's Boston marathon, we capture her training in familiar venues around the Big Apple.
• State of the Union: In the year 2000, the U.S. sent only one man and one woman marathoner to the Olympic games. Following that low, renewed efforts by groups around the country seemed to yield results: full fields raced in Athens and the U.S. brought home two medals, Deena's bronze and Meb's silver. A decade later, while the U.S. results have improved dramatically in the middle distances, we seem to be in a holding pattern in the marathon. We analyze the data and ask questions of coaches, athletes and experts about our competitiveness and potential on the world stage.
• Fall Shoe Guide: The fall season has produced another bumper crop of new shoes. Improved materials and the lessons learned from minimalism and maximalism have merged to make some of the best running shoes ever, providing cushioning and stability with light, smooth-running midsoles. We've refined our shoe spectrum to reflect the new nuances in stability and help you find the shoe that best fits your pace, stride, and preferences.
• AND...news, owner's manual, college, masters, trails, racing and more.
Running Times Magazine Subscriptions available though iTunes:
Subscribe now for one year and get a free extra month of access to Running Times (U.S. edition), plus app exclusives. All Subscriptions automatically renew (see more details below).
1-year subscription: $9.99 for Running Times, automatically renews for additional years of access and is charged to your iTunes account until you cancel. Your iTunes account will be charged for the first year subscription at the conclusion of your free month of access unless you cancel in the manner described below.
AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL: Your subscription automatically renews unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. To subscribe tap one of the subscription banners located in the top left of the Library or Home pages inside the application. iTunes will automatically charge your account at the same price stated above for each annual renewal period 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active the subscription period and no refunds are provided by iTunes. Free months of access are only available to new subscribers.
***Please make sure to update your iPad to iOS5 to take full advantage of all the new functionality in this application.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 25, 2014
- Rodale Inc. Digital
- 6.1 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 1.00 (1)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.50 (41)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 1001 Sugar Smart Foods
• Abs Diet Smoothie Selector
• Conrad Magazine
• Flat-Belly Express
• He Said She Said
• Hot Body Yoga
• Instant Wingman
• Learn Her Secrets
• Men's Health 20-Minute Muscle Meals
• Men's Health 28-Day Fat Blaster
• Men's Health Get Back In Shape
• Men's Health Personal Trainer
• Men's Health Pushup Challenge
• Men's Health Speed Shred
• Men's Health Training Guides
• Men's Health Ultimate Abs
• Men’s Health Magazine
• Organic Gardening Mag
• Organic Gardening Planting Planner 2014
• Runner's World
• Slim Down Shopping List
• Waldorf Astoria Magazine
• Women's Health 28-Day Fat Blaster
• Women's Health Amazing Abs Workouts
• Women's Health Look Better Naked
• Women's Health Mag
• Women's Health Sexy Arms & Shoulder Workouts
• Women's Health Tight Butt & Lean Legs Workouts
• Women's Health Total Body Fat-Burning Workouts