RUNNING TIMES DECEMBER 2014 ISSUE NOW AVAILABLE!
• Flying Cinders: October 18, 1964, Bob Schul slashed through torrential rain in Tokyo to defeat the greatest 5,000m field ever assembled to date and win gold for the United States. Fifty years later, Schul takes Roger Robinson through that race, lap by lap, reveals details of his training under legendary coach Miháli Igloi, and tells of his running, coaching and life as one of America’s great, though often overlooked, Olympic champions.
• Your Fastest Weight: Serious runners often believe that they can eat anything as their miles burn off any excess. But when you’re forced to take time off, or as age slows your metabolism, you may find a few extra pounds that are interfering with your performance. How do you know what weight you should be to race your best? How and when should you try to lose weight? When you are losing weight, how do you stop? Should you try to stay at racing weight year round? These questions and more will be answered in this feature on weight management for fast people.
• Fueling Facts: What we know for certain about how to fuel running performance. Researchers and athletes help sort out the truth when it comes to the tried-and-true nutrition and hydration strategies that help us train and race better.
• A Year of Excellence: While we didn’t have a World Championships or Olympic Games to highlight runners, several distance runners had a breakthrough year in 2014. Look for these runners to shine bright on larger stages in the years to come.
• AND...news, owner's manual, high school, masters, trails, racing and more.
Running Times Magazine Subscriptions available though iTunes:
Subscribe now for one year and get a free extra month of access to Running Times (U.S. edition), plus app exclusives. All Subscriptions automatically renew (see more details below).
1-year subscription: $9.99 for Running Times, automatically renews for additional years of access and is charged to your iTunes account until you cancel. Your iTunes account will be charged for the first year subscription at the conclusion of your free month of access unless you cancel in the manner described below.
AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL: Your subscription automatically renews unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. To subscribe tap one of the subscription banners located in the top left of the Library or Home pages inside the application. iTunes will automatically charge your account at the same price stated above for each annual renewal period 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active the subscription period and no refunds are provided by iTunes. Free months of access are only available to new subscribers.
***Please make sure to update your iPad to iOS5 to take full advantage of all the new functionality in this application.
- Bug Fixes
- Support for iPhone
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 11, 2014
- Rodale Inc. Digital
- 6.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.50 (41)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 1001 Sugar Smart Foods
• Abs Diet Smoothie Selector
• Conrad Magazine
• Flat-Belly Express
• He Said She Said
• Hot Body Yoga
• Instant Wingman
• Learn Her Secrets
• Men's Health 20-Minute Muscle Meals
• Men's Health 28-Day Fat Blaster
• Men's Health Get Back In Shape
• Men's Health Personal Trainer
• Men's Health Pushup Challenge
• Men's Health Speed Shred
• Men's Health Training Guides
• Men's Health Ultimate Abs
• Men’s Health Magazine
• Organic Gardening Mag
• Organic Gardening Planting Planner 2014
• Runner's World
• Slim Down Shopping List
• Waldorf Astoria Magazine
• Women's Health 28-Day Fat Blaster
• Women's Health Amazing Abs Workouts
• Women's Health Look Better Naked
• Women's Health Mag
• Women's Health Personal Trainer
• Women's Health Sexy Arms & Shoulder Workouts
• Women's Health Tight Butt & Lean Legs Workouts
• Women's Health Total Body Fat-Burning Workouts