Running Times, the magazine for the highly competitive runner, is now on the iPad. Every month you’ll enjoy in-depth content that goes beyond the basics, sharing details on the training methods, racing tactics, and motivations of the world's best runners, and giving advice on how to apply the principles of this elite training to your own running.
RUNNING TIMES DECEMBER 2013 ISSUE NOW AVAILABLE!
• A Threshold By Any Other Name: All serious runners do threshold runs. But what exactly is a threshold run? Ask four runners and you’ll likely get four different answers. Training plans throw around a variety of terms: anaerobic threshold, aerobic threshold, lactate threshold. Are they the same thing? Is there one physiological threshold or multiple? Why is the threshold important? What workouts are most effective at lowering this threshold? These questions and more answered by senior writer Rick Lovett.
• Brenda Martinez: Brenda Martinez made history at the 2013 World Championships when she became the first American woman to win a medal in the 800m. When she graduated from UC-Riverside in 2009, she was rejected by Olympic development groups who didn’t see her potential. Martinez knew better as she set out on a mission for middle-distance greatness with legendary coach Joe Vigil.
• Track 2013: From Mary Cain to Mo Farah, Mt. SAC to Moscow, this year's outdoor track season gave us compelling stories and memorable images.
• A Tale of Two Marathoners: 50 years ago, two of the world’s top marathoners were Ethiopia’s Abebe Bikila and an American named Buddy Edelen. Bikila won gold and world acclaim at the 1960 and 1964 Olympic Marathons, Edelen set the world marathon record in 1963, but was and is still largely unknown. Roger Robinson examines their intertwining lives, their training, racing, and personalities in this retrospective article with lessons for today’s marathoners
• AND...news, owner's manual, high school, college, masters, trails, racing and more.
Running Times Magazine Subscriptions available though iTunes:
Subscribe now for one year and get a free extra month of access to Running Times (U.S. edition), plus app exclusives. All Subscriptions automatically renew (see more details below).
1-year subscription: $9.99 for Running Times, automatically renews for additional years of access and is charged to your iTunes account until you cancel. Your iTunes account will be charged for the first year subscription at the conclusion of your free month of access unless you cancel in the manner described below.
AUTOMATIC-RENEWAL: Your subscription automatically renews unless you turn off auto-renew at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period. To subscribe tap one of the subscription banners located in the top left of the Library or Home pages inside the application. iTunes will automatically charge your account at the same price stated above for each annual renewal period 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active the subscription period and no refunds are provided by iTunes. Free months of access are only available to new subscribers.
***Please make sure to update your iPad to iOS5 to take full advantage of all the new functionality in this application.
-Minor enhancements and bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 6 days ago
- Rodale Inc. Digital
- Average Rating:
- 2.50 (41)
- 8.3 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Abs Diet Online
• Abs Diet Smoothie Selector
• Best Life Magazine
• Conrad Magazine
• Cook This, Not That!
• Cook This, Not That! 350 Calorie Meals
• Eat This, Not That! Restaurants
• Eat This, Not That! The Game
• Flat-Belly Express
• He Said She Said
• Hot Body Yoga
• Instant Wingman
• Learn Her Secrets
• Men's Health 20-Minute Muscle Meals
• Men's Health 28-Day Fat Blaster
• Men's Health Personal Trainer
• Men's Health Pushup Challenge
• Men's Health Speed Shred
• Men's Health Training Guides
• Men's Health Ultimate Abs
• Men's Health Workouts
• Men's Health Workouts Lite
• Men’s Health Magazine
• Organic Gardening Mag
• Organic Gardening Planting Planner
• Runner's World
• Slim Down Shopping List
• Waldorf Astoria Magazine
• Women's Health 28-Day Fat Blaster
• Women's Health Amazing Abs Workouts
• Women's Health Look Better Naked
• Women's Health Mag
• Women's Health Personal Trainer
• Women's Health Sexy Arms & Shoulder Workouts
• Women's Health Tight Butt & Lean Legs Workouts
• Women's Health Total Body Fat-Burning Workouts
• Women's Health Workouts
• Womens Health Lite