The Washington Post Classic
iOS Universal News
Stay informed with award-winning national and international news, PLUS complete local news coverage of the D.C. metro area. Scan top headlines for must-read stories. Get fresh perspectives on the world from Post bloggers. Save articles for offline reading in MyPost.
• TOP HEADLINES: Quickly browse the always updating feed of today’s news and read each story in full.
• D.C. METRO NEWS: Learn what’s going on in the nation’s capitol with stories about D.C. and the surrounding metro area.
• LIVE: Follow along with our live blog coverage for up-to-the-minute updates on breakng news and events, and watch live events as they happen.
• BLOGS: Find out what The Post’s most insightful bloggers have to say about everything from politics to sports to pop culture.
• OFFLINE READING: Save your favorite and must-read articles to “My Post” for easy access anytime.
• OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of free stories each month. Get unlimited access for just $14.99/month (first month FREE).
• EXTRAS: Your subscription to The Washington Post comes with complimentary web access, as well as access to the Washington Post Classic iPad app and The All-New Washington Post App, available on iPhone and iPad.
• PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase.
• AUTO-RENEWAL: Your subscription will auto-renew for $14.99 each month unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. Please note, you will be unable to cancel your current subscription during an active subscription period.
• TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.washingtonpost.com/terms-of-service/2011/11/18/gIQAldiYiN_story.html
The biggest feature of this release is a new design for reading in low light. When enabled, the colors invert to a pleasing dark grey hue with white text, which makes for less eye strain and less ambient light. To enable it, hit the Settings gear and switch to Dark Mode. You can also enable it to switch automatically, which turns it on when your system brightness goes below 25% and turns it off when your system brightness returns to normal levels.
Join us on January 20th for full coverage of the next President's swearing-in ceremony. We'll be reporting all day and providing live video and running analysis, so we look forward to seeing you there!
We improved the smoothness of automatic logins from our other apps, made section fronts load faster and look better with automatic text wrapping, and fixed a nice pile of bugs along the way.
We hope you enjoy dark mode as much as we enjoyed making it. If you have any questions or comments, let us know at iPhoneClassic@washpost.com.
148Apps —The Washington Post Review