The World in 2014 from The Economist
The World in 2014, the latest in The Economist's annual collection of predictions, identifies and explores the issues that will shape the year ahead. Journalists from The Economist join luminaries from the worlds of politics, business, science and the arts in offering forecasts for 2014. The app provides free access to a small selection of articles; within the app you can also pay to access the full content of the print edition.
The coming year will be one of sporting shows, political shocks and economic shifts. The big sporting events include the winter Olympics in Russia and the football World Cup in Brazil. The political shocks will come at elections, of which there will be many: countries with around 40% of the world's population will go to the polls. Better news from the rich world will be among the big economic shifts. You can also find out why Matt Damon believes that smart philanthropy can help solve the problem of water scarcity, and about Richard Branson's plan to be on the inaugural flight of his commercial "spaceline".
This update makes clearer the price of the full issue prior to purchase.
Our apologies for any confusion caused.
The Economist Digital Team
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 18, 2013
- The Economist
- 2.0 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (65)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (162)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Economist GMAT Tutor
• Economist Radio, in other words
• Intelligent Life
• Intelligent Life on iPhone
• The Economist Anthology Series
• The Economist Think Space
• The Economist Traveller Briefing
• The Economist Traveller Briefing - Russia
• The Economist Traveller Briefings
• The Economist World in Figures iPhone edition
• The Economist for iPad
• The Economist for iPhone
• The World In Figures iPad edition
• Which MBA? 2011-12 from The Economist