This app was removed from the App Store.
Alien Blue for iPad - reddit official client
iOS iPad News
Enjoy the best and most entertaining content on the web with Alien Blue, the official reddit client! The iPad version of the app is specifically adapted for larger screens and a better reddit browsing experience.
• Browse all of reddit, including funny pictures, original stories, and news
• View images and video seamlessly
• Upvote the best content to help it rise to the top
• Subscribe and participate in subreddit communities centered around your interests
• Post your own comments, content, and stories for others to view and discuss
• Use night mode for easy reading in the dark
• Be notified of new messages from your reddit inbox
• View websites using the integrated "Readability" reader from Arc90
• Switch between multiple reddit accounts easily
• Browse in Gallery mode (formerly Canvas)
• Discover subreddits by topic or interest
• Upload images directly to Imgur when posting or commenting
• Expand all images in the comments with one tap
• Quote comments in one tap
• Exclude posts based on keywords
• “Hide All / Hide Read” comments with one tap
• Easily identify which comments are made by the Post author
Existing Alien Blue users: this is still the same Alien Blue with the same developer you know and (hopefully) love, just 100% more official! You’ll want to transfer your settings from the old client using the option in Settings/Advanced Settings/Privacy Settings/Export Settings, then Import them into this app.
In one quick motion, the window blinds shot towards the ceiling, revealing the San Francisco morning. As the sunlight poured into Reddit's engineering department, all eyes were fixated on the small hand of the office clock as it ticked ever so slowly towards the 10 o’clock hour.
They hadn’t reached this level of early morning excitement since Waffle House day, but today was special in an entirely different way.
iOS 9 was imminent. And they would be ready.
As the clock struck 10, the engineers feverishly hit “download and update,” blasting through user agree after user agreement—each promising themselves they’d read it in full later that day (except Thomas, who scrolled, line-by-line, for the rest of the week before finally hitting “Agree”).
One by one, as the progress bars filled and the updates applied, the engineers immediately installed the latest build of Alien Blue. Tapping, swiping, scrolling—they quickly ran through every corner of the app to make sure it functioned as it should. (Of course, they’d all done their due diligence and tested extensively with the beta, but somehow this was different.)
This was real.
Fixed: Status bar appearing momentarily while video is playing
Fixed: Status bar disappearing after viewing videos on Classic UI (iOS 9 – iPhone)
Fixed: UI shifting upwards and underneath the status bar (iOS 9)
Fixed: Occasional crashing when running AB iPhone on the iPad
Fixed: Non-reddit links failing to load (iOS 9)
Fixed: Email subject when sharing a link through email
Fixed: Infinite loading spinner for banned or non-existent subreddits