This app was removed from the App Store.
Trimble Outdoors Navigator
iOS iPhone Navigation
+ Offline maps for your iPhone. Save topo maps and aerial images on your iPhone then go anywhere.
+ Keep track of your exact location in remote areas using the GPS chip in your iPhone. Trimble Outdoors Navigator does not need a cell or data connection.
+ Designed and tested by avid outdoor enthusiasts.
+ Watch video at http://youtu.be/Q95tBOh8EDQ
Change the way you explore. Trimble Outdoors Navigator is a GPS navigation and mapping app for all your outdoor and backcountry adventures. View more than 68,000 topo maps in US and Canada, as well as aerial, terrain, and street maps. Mark waypoints, capture photos and video and store all your trip info on the Trip Cloud, a wireless service that allows you to access your trips on any device.
This app is BEST FOR: GPS route finding; map and compass navigation; offline topo maps; recording trips like hiking, hunting, camping, backcountry skiing, paddling, ATV riding, offroading, snowshoeing.
** START WITH GREAT MAPS **
• View five different map types: streets, hybrid, aerial, topo and terrain.
• Take your maps anywhere. Save topo maps and aerial images on your iPhone for offline viewing in far-flung places without the need of a cellular or data signal. Just preview the maps you want before you leave for the trip.
• Create map packs to store maps on your phone. This app allows you to save topos (MyTopo), aerials (Bing), streets (OSM), and terrain (OCM) map types on your phone.
• Get worldwide aerial images on your iPhone.
• Get exclusive and enhanced topo maps from MyTopo. Access more than 68,000 topo maps in US and Canada that are seamlessly stitched together for fast and easy viewing. Topos scales are 1:24K in the Lower 48, 1:63K in Alaska and 1:50K in Canada.
** POWERFUL NAVIGATION TOOLS **
Digital Compass: Navigate with digital compass. Choose between: Magnetic North and True North.
Waypoints: Mark waypoints like trailheads, summits, important turns, and campsites on to the map. Add names and detailed descriptions. Go to previous marked waypoints too.
Tracks: Track your route on the map.
Goto: Use the Goto feature to navigate from your current location to a waypoint.
Coordinates: Match your latitude/longitude or UTM coordinates to your paper map or GPS device. Supported map datum: WGS84 and NAD27.
Guide Trips: Use trips previously recorded by you or others to help guide you on the trail, on remote backroads, and more.
** CHRONICLE YOUR ADVENTURE **
Capture Media: Take geo-tagged photos, videos and audio clips of your trip
Stat Tracking: See 10+ adventure stats, such as distance, speed, elevation and more
Share with Friends: Share your adventure on Facebook, YouTube and Trimble Outdoors website.
Trips: Access to thousands trips around the U.S. and Canada
** SAVE TO THE TRIP CLOUD **
Register a free account to save your outdoor trips to our Trip Cloud. Benefits include:
• Store and backup unlimited trips. Never lose files again.
• Auto-sync trips between your computer, iPhone and iPad.
• Enhance trips from Trimble Outdoors Navigator with map tools at the Trimble Outdoors website, including .gpx import, geo-tagged photos and videos, turn-by-turn routes and more. (Elite or Trip Planner membership required)
• Open trips in our iPad trip-planning app, Trimble Outdoors MyTopo Maps.
• Share trips with the Trimble Outdoors community or privately between outdoor friends.
** LEARN MORE **
Visit our website and check out thousands of trips submitted by the Trimble Outdoors community. Click over to: trimbleoutdoors.com.
Feedback Wanted: Found a bug? Want a new feature? Drop us a line on our Facebook page, facebook.com/trimbleoutdoors.
Note: Trimble Outdoors Navigator is designed for your iPhone device. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Bug fixes and improvements.