# Know the current speed limit where you are. Unlike all other speed limit apps, you do not have to program in the speed limit yourself - Speedr uniquely fetches the data in real time from the internet.
That's just the beginning! Tap the sign to reveal a swipe-able set of beautiful electronic assistants which show you your current speed (or speed limit overage), your location on a map, or current conditions (temperature, heading, etc). There are also several fullscreen modes such as HUD, Night Map, and Driving History (which syncs via iCloud). It also warns you, as an electronic speed sign would, when you exceed the speed limit.
- Live-updating speed limits
- Speed monitoring with speeding alerts (optional)
- Background monitoring with Push Notifications (optional)
- Location sign and heading-aware map
- Heads Up Display - Our innovative HUD can be used flat on the dash (reflecting in the glass) or on a windshield mount; either way, its large, crisp display gives you all the helpful stats in a convenient display.
- Night Map - Save your night vision
- Fullscreen map - Perfect for day driving
- Driving Record - Review your transit stats such as time, distance, speeds, and safety stats. Built-in maps and graphs help you to keep all the data clear and concise. iCloud Syncing means you'll never lose anything moving to a new phone, and our FREE desktop companion app gives you a large, convenient display even of a remote phone.
- Status grid - temperature, heading, time, battery life, speed, and safety, all laid out
- Speed and speeding overage display
- Mini-map - quickly review your roadway
- Email alerts (optional)
- Email driving history (optional)
- Units display in MPH or KPH (other units such as temperature match)
Speedr is jam-packed with convenient, intuitive features which help you get what you want from a driving assistant with less hassle. It is an ideal partner for you or someone in your family when on the road.
As all GPS-enabled apps, Speedr works best when it is plugged in to a charging source. However, we use several innovative "Algorithmic Transceiver Attenuation" techniques to minimize battery drain while preserving accuracy.
Speedr supports most major roadways in dozens of countries in the US, Europe, and Asia, and the data is continuously updated and expanding.
Please be aware that accurate speed limits require location services, an internet connection, and available data - you may find yourself on roadways for which the speed limit is unknown or incorrect. Please always observe posted signage.
Speeding is dangerous and illegal, but clear and accessible signage is not always available. We all sometimes find ourselves wondering "Am I Speeding?" Now you can know the answer.
Thank you and please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions or comments.
Safety Credits: This app uses a 3rd-party service to retrieve speed limits. Although the app employs many intelligent algorithms to efficiently limit use of the service as much as possible, when you are seeing a speed limit it is the result of a call to this non-free API. All features of the app are included for the purchase price; however, ongoing use of the API requires the purchase of additional "Safety Credits" - sorry; if I could give it away, I would. Every effort has been made to keep cost to a minimum, while providing you with the most feature-packed, useful, and safe app possible. Thanks again and enjoy; I hope you find it worthwhile and useful.
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Fixed speed limits display bug
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jul 30, 2014
- Hubapps.com LLC
- 5.9 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 1.50 (3)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 1.50 (24)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Command Performance
• Duplicate Photo
• Holding Pattern
• Keeper HD
• Kill Switch
• Night Map
• Nightstand - The Professional Alarm Clock
• Note Hub
• Note Hub Professional
• Paper Shredder
• Screen History
• Show Windows
• Speed Limits with LiveLink