Seeing Eye GPS XT
iOS iPhone Navigation
The Seeing Eye GPS XT is a fully accessible turn-by-turn GPS iPhone app with all the normal navigation features plus features unique to blind users.
Unique to The Seeing Eye GPS XT™:
• Instead of multiple layers of menus, the three important navigation elements are on the lower portion of every screen: Route, POIs and Location.
• At intersections, the cross street and its orientation are announced
• Intersections are described (e.g. four-way) with the clock face orientation of the streets.
• There are three choices for POI data (Apple, Foursquare, and OSM).
• Directions are configured appropriately for Pedestrian and Vehicle routes, including heads-up announcements for approaching turns, turn now, continue straight and upcoming turns.
• If one wanders off the route, it's automatically recalculated and updated turn information is announced.
• Point your phone in a given direction to hear what is nearby with the LookAround Wand.
• Nearby Points of interest, intersections, and heading changes are automatically announced.
• Ability to run in the background or with the screen locked for iOS 7. If you are running an older version of iOS 6 only the sound effects will play and the phone will vibrate at turns and at your destination but no speech output. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Requires: Compatible with iPhone 5, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 WiFi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular. iOS 9.0 or later.
The Seeing Eye GPS XT™ uses VoiceOver feature for audio voice output and does not contain its own voice synthesizer.
Supported Maps: U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, France, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Ger-many, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Lithuania, Argentina. Not all countries have full intersection descriptions.
Join us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/airaio
The Seeing Eye GPS XT continues to evolve with new features and improvements thanks to Aira Tech Corp. The improvements in this release are only the beginning of what is yet to come.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
1. Improved Address and POI searches. Implemented Smart Search fields on the Address and POI search screens to minimize the need for entering information. Now you can enter the entire search in one search field and the app offers suggested matches, so there is no need to type the whole address or POI name.
2. Added automatic announcement for heading changes over 50 degrees. The default is set to announce Under 15 MPH.
3. Beta feature: Added automatic announcement for street changes after you have traveled 50 feet or 15 meters on the new street. Since this is an experimental feature aimed at pedestrian use only, the default is set to OFF. If you choose to enable this feature within Lookaround settings, we ask that you provide feedback to iPhemail@example.com about your experience.
4. View restaurant menus on Foursquare POIs. If the POI has a menu stored in the database, the app will link to it.
5. Updated indoor navigation SDKs for LoudSteps and Ningo.