Advanced Spring Weather Flying
iOS Universal Navigation
Strap into a Cessna P210 & Cardinal RG with weather flying expert Richard L. Collins and learn all about spring weather flying in this classic video – now available as an app. With over 90 minutes of expert weather instruction shot in and around airplanes, you’ll go beyond the basics to learn how to apply weather theory to real-world situations. You’ll go on actual flights with Collins to explore the relationship between forecast weather and real conditions, and how complex weather systems affect the airplane.
Using a visual menu system, Advanced Spring Weather Flying is broken down into 17 individual video segments, allowing quick access to each topic.
Also included is a review quiz based on content from the videos. After finishing the questions, you’ll receive instant feedback on your score and be able to review missed questions. There’s even a way to quickly review the video segment from which the question is based.
Advanced Spring Weather Flying includes the following video segments:
• Cessna P210 flight from Cincinnati, OH to Las Vegas, NV
• Severe weather in the Spring
• Cessna Cardinal RG flight from Shelbyville, IN to Wichita, KS (flying across a warm front)
• Frontal occlusions
• Cessna P210 flight from Trenton, NJ to Dayton, OH (flight into a low-pressure system)
• Weather reports – Convective Outlooks and Convective Sigmets
• Flying around thunderstorms without onboard weather radar or Stormscope
• Cessna P210 flight from Trenton, NJ to Savannah, GA (flying across a warm front)
• Closed lows aloft
• Cessna P210 flight from Trenton, NJ to Greensboro, NC (flying near a closed low aloft)
• Embedded Thunderstorms
• Flying through the inclement weather in the Plains
• Strong winds in the Spring
• Cardinal RG flight from Dallas, TX to Wichita, KS (flying around thunderstorms)
• ATC Radar and thunderstorm avoidance
• Cessna P210 flight from Colorado Springs, CO to Auburn, AL (thunderstorm avoidance)
Sporty’s Pilot Shop is the world’s leading provider of aviation training material, having trained thousands of pilots for over 50 years.
***FREE gift from Sporty's with download -- pilot's microfiber screen cleaning cloth (seriously, it's free!)***
-Video training segments have been converted for streaming on-demand, which has substantially reduced the app size
-Bug fixes and compatibility updates for new operating system