OutDoors Great Britain - GPS with OS Maps
** Multi-function Sports GPS for the great Outdoors – Huge Easy-to-Manage Ordnance Survey Mapping areas – Map Regions can be downloaded for off-line use – Save 50% on Landranger ™ & Explorer ™ map regions – Flick between OS Maps or Google Maps – Find & Follow routes near you or near other GB locations (100,000 routes to choose from) – Access free route planning website on your PC/MAC –iPhone 5 ready **
OutDoors is the No1 mapping and GPS app for Britain’s walkers, runners, cyclists and mountaineers. With the OS map regions fully downloaded to your iPhone or iPad, OutDoors will work anywhere regardless of iPhone signal. Outdoors is the only app offering 100% free access to our Route building/sharing community, which offers OS maps for planning your routes.
★★★★★ “The best way to access OS Maps in digital form.” -[Stuff Magazine]
★★★★★ “Extremely easy to use and looks great. Verdict: an easy and low cost way to get into GPS navigation.” -[Trek & Mountain Magazine]
★★★★★ “The perfect tool for navigating around the British Countryside. Real Fun! ” -[Scotland Outdoors Magazine]
★★★★★ “Excellent app, very useful for keen hikers.” -[Apps Magazine]
★★★★★ “Accurate mapping off-road, forget other maps and get this. Ideal tool for walkers... one of the most useful apps on my iPhone” -[Acc Web]
★★★★★ “Many useful features...excellent value”- [OutDoor Enthusiast Magazine]
FULLY FUNCTIONAL GPS
• In-built Compass, Longitude/Latitude.
• Route recording with stats (see below for more).
• Super clear Direction View on the map for even faster navigation in bright sunlight.
• Current Position will stay centre to enable hands-free use (great for cycling).
• Super fast search of 250,000 British place names included on installation.
ALL OS MAPS IN ONE APP – SIMPLE MAP REGIONS – GOOGLE MAP OPTIONS
• Select, purchase and download any 1:50k or 1:25k OS maps via the in-app Store; these are the same as the trusted, OS LandRanger ™ and Explorer ™ maps.
• Large map areas reduce your cost substantially and also make managing your maps really simple.
• OutDoors offers the lowest cost OS maps per sqkm.
• No need for phone signal as all OS map purchases are stored on your iPhone.
• NEW MAPS: You can flick quickly between 5 map types; OS Maps, Google Road Maps, Satellite view, Terrain & Hybrid.
• NEW MAP VIEW: You can rotate the online maps & tilt the map to give a 3D effect.
• Option to minimise all icons & buttons to view your chosen maps in glorious full screen.
4 QUICK STEPS TO PLANNING & ENJOYING THE PERFECT DAY OUTDOORS
Step 1: FIND and download nearby routes from our growing community (over 100,000 routes).
Step 2: EDIT your routes, in the app, simply by tapping out the route line on the map (or you can build the route from scratch in under a minute!).
Step 3: FOLLOW your planned route easily and simply with no fear of getting lost! See immediately if you’re going off the planned track.
Step 4: RECORD your Route with comprehensive statistics;
― Statistics include Speed, Distance, Altitude, Duration & more.
― Watch as the app tracks your route on the map.
― Share your route on our website (Facebook, Twitter).
ACCESS FREE ROUTE BUILDING WEBSITE- WWW.OUTDOORSGPS.COM (uses OS mapping)
• Create a free OutDoorsGPS Route Builder Account in 10 seconds!
• Plan, edit and share routes on your PC/Mac.
• Use our Map Search tool for finding routes all over the UK.
• View graphical elevation profiles, total climb of every route & distance.
• Seamlessly move routes between iPhone, iPad and OutDoors website in seconds.
• Import, Export and Edit GPX files.
• Download Regional AA Walk packs or Rough Ride Guides (Mountain biking routes).
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
OutDoors is in no way associated with Google or the official Google Maps application.
- NEW MAPS: You can flick quickly between map type; includes OS Maps, Google Road Maps, Satellite view, Terrain & Hybrid views.
- NEW MAP INTERACTION: You can rotate the Google maps (2 finger twist action) and you can tilt the map (2 finger swipe down) to give a 3D effect.
- BUG FIXES: we’ve fixed a few problems including the ‘near me’ routes bug.
Exciting update with major change coming in 4-6 weeks! Let us know what you’d like to see in 2013 via the survey on our website. Thank you.
NOTE: The Google Map option doesn’t work as fast on older Apple devices such as the iPhone 3GS but your OS maps won’t be affected by this update whichever device you have. You can hide the new Map Selection via the Tools page if you prefer not to have this facility.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 25, 2013
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (13)
- 143.2 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Central and Western Scotland Maps 1:50k
• East Midlands Maps 1:50k
• East of England Maps 1:50k
• Highlands Maps 1:50k
• North East England Maps 1:50k
• North East Scotland Maps 1:50k
• North West England Maps 1:50k
• OutDoors France - GPS with IGN Topo Maps and Walks
• OutDoors America - GPS with Topo Maps & Trails
• OutDoors Germany with BKG
• OutDoors Great Britain - GPS with National Parks OS Maps 1:50k
• OutDoors Sports Tracker - GPS with Trails
• OutDoors World Topo Maps - GPS for Hiking & Biking
• South East England Maps 1:50k
• South West England Maps 1:50k
• Southern Scotland Maps 1:50k
• UK Open Maps - GPS with Free Map Downloads and Route Finder
• Wales Maps 1:50k
• West Midlands Maps 1:50k
• Yorkshire Maps 1:50k