OutDoors France - GPS with IGN Topo Maps and Walks
**Hiking and Biking GPS with IGN Maps for France– A totally unique map choice; either subscribe annually for Unlimited IGN Map Downloads or download an individual map area- Access 100% free route planning website via your PC- Seamlessly move routes from PC to App**
OutDoors France is the complete IGN mapping and GPS app for France’s walkers, runners, cyclists and mountaineers. A simple and intuitive interface delivers the full detail of France’s superb topographic maps from IGN (L’Institut Géographique National)- France’s official maps for the countryside and all outdoor hobbies (similar to Ordnance Survey in UK or BKG in Germany). All the most detailed maps for the whole of France are useable the moment you download the app. These include the official IGN 1:25k maps for hiking and 1:100k maps for cycling. As well as viewing online, you can permanently download any area of France so you can use the maps, and your iPhone, anywhere, regardless of phone signal.
★★★★★ “Extremely easy to use and looks great.” -[Trek & Mountain Magazine]
★★★★★ “Excellent app, very useful for keen hikers.” -[Apps Magazine]
★★★★★ “Many useful features...excellent value”- [OutDoor Enthusiast Magazine]
FULLY FUNCTIONAL GPS FOR HIKING AND BIKING
• View IGN maps for the whole of France at all levels of detail ‘out of the box’- including 1:25k maps.
• Going for a Hike? Purchase and permanently download any area you wish via the in-app store.
• Record your Route with statistics; watch as it records your route on the map.
• View current speed, average speed, distance, altitude, time elapsed and more.
• In-built Compass.
• View current Longitude/Latitude and Grid Reference.
YOUR CHOICE FOR IGN MAPS: ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION OR ONE-OFF PURCHASE
• Light Users: for occasional use, you can just download your preferred IGN map area, for a specific hike or bike ride or for the area near your home, for just £1.49 to £3.99 (lifetime license).
• Heavy Users: for heavy, frequent users, it’s best to take an annual IGN subscription for £10.49. Then you can view and download any map in France for no additional charge, during the subscription.
• Delete and reinstall map areas anytime.
• Share your maps between iPhone and iPad devices at no extra cost.
IMPORT AND EXPORT ROUTES – SEAMLESSLY MOVE ROUTES BETWEEN DEVICES
• Create a free www.outdoorsgps.com Route Builder Account- quickly and easily.
• Build and Edit routes on iPhone or Website.
• Then seamlessly move routes between iPhone, iPad and OutDoors Website in seconds.
• Save/Backup your Routes to the OutDoors website to view, edit and share later.
• Find and Import your personal Routes from the online route builder to your iPhone/iPad.
• Search and download routes from the OutDoors database to your iPhone/iPad.
• Import, Export and edit GPX files.
TOP TIPS: For Top Tips on using your iPhone with OutDoors out in the wild, go to our web-site here; http://outdoorsgps.com/tips.php.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Annual subscription - enabling free downloading of maps to the device during the subscription (much less costly for heavy users).
Improved User Interface.
Updated Tools Page.
Routes are now visible on the 'download map' page.
Some bug fixes.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 31, 2013
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (1)
- 278.8 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Central and Western Scotland Maps 1:50k
• East Midlands Maps 1:50k
• East of England Maps 1:50k
• Highlands Maps 1:50k
• North East England Maps 1:50k
• North East Scotland Maps 1:50k
• North West England Maps 1:50k
• OutDoors America - GPS with Topo Maps & Trails
• OutDoors Germany with BKG
• OutDoors Great Britain - GPS with National Parks OS Maps 1:50k
• OutDoors Great Britain - GPS with OS Maps
• OutDoors Sports Tracker - GPS with Trails
• OutDoors World Topo Maps - GPS for Hiking & Biking
• South East England Maps 1:50k
• South West England Maps 1:50k
• Southern Scotland Maps 1:50k
• UK Open Maps - GPS with Free Map Downloads and Route Finder
• Wales Maps 1:50k
• West Midlands Maps 1:50k
• Yorkshire Maps 1:50k