iOS iPhone Navigation
On Point allows you to determine the direction and distance to a chosen location simply and easily.
Have you ever forgotten where in a large parking lot you left your car? Have you ever agreed to meet your kids at a particular spot in a theme park and then lost track of where exactly that was? Have you ever been wandering in the woods and lost track of which way leads back to the trailhead? Then this application is for you!
The free download allows you to test the capability with a set of demonstration points. Full Capability to add your own locations is available via an in-app purchase.
NOTE: On Point allows you to use both the iPhone compass and GPS heading for bearing direction. The compass allows you to view direction without moving, but is also somewhat inaccurate. While using the compass, a red arc displays the estimated accuracy of the compass readings. If using the GPS heading, the user must be in motion and holding the TOP of the iPhone in the direction of motion.
* Simple arrow points the direction to the target location without the need to interpret compass points or maps.
* Allows user to save multiple targets easily for future use.
* Uses either the iPhone compass or the GPS heading.
* Uses metric or imperial units.
* Displays margin of error in reported location and estimated directional error.
* Automatically adjusts reporting profile to user movement to conserve battery life.
User Interface and Graphic Design provided by:
* Updated for iOS 7