MyTopo Maps by Trimble Outdoors
iOS iPad Navigation
Explore like never before. MyTopo Maps is a mapping and trip planning app to organize all your outdoor and backroad adventures. View more than 68,000 topo maps in US and Canada. Also, check out aerial, terrain, and street maps. Mark points, find places, order a waterproof paper map, and store all your trip info on the Trip Cloud, a wireless service that allows you to access your trips on any device.
This app is BEST FOR: Scouting trails, exploring parks, planning outdoor vacations, viewing backcountry areas and backcountry skiing spots, finding forest roads and campsites, preplanning hikes & offroad trips
** START WITH A GREAT MAP **
• View five different map types: streets, hybrid, aerial, topo and terrain.
• MyTopo Maps provides the most up-to-date topos maps available in the United States. We have enhanced more than 14,000 USGS quads with digital updates from the U.S. Forest Service and other map providers.
• Access more than 68,000 topo maps in US and Canada that are seamlessly stitched together for fast and easy viewing. Topos scales are 1:24K in the Lower 48, 1:63K in Alaska and 1:50K in Canada.
• See two maps at once. No single map type has all the essential details to plan a trip. So turn on Dual Map View and fade between two different map types.
• Order a custom printed map of your trip. This is the only iPad app that allows you to plan a trip and order a waterproof or glossy printed map of the same route.
• Upgrade to the Pro App so you can create Map Packs to store maps on your iPad. This allows you to see maps in remote areas without the need for a data or Wifi connection.
** POWERFUL TRIP PLANNING TOOLS **
Place Search: Use our search to find more than 10-million places. Trails, peaks, lakes, rivers, ghost towns and more.
Digital Compass: Press the mini-compass to overlay a large digital compass on the map. See compass bearing and declination too.
Ruler: Measure the distance between two points.
Smart Paste: Copy GPS coordinates from websites and instantly map their locations into MyTopo Maps.
Waypoints: Drag waypoints on to the map. Name them and add descriptions.
Coordinates: Match your latitude/longitude or UTM coordinates to your paper map or GPS device. Supported map datum: WGS84 and NAD27.
Custom Paper Map: Order a waterproof custom printed topo map or aerial image directly through our app. Printed and shipped by MyTopo.com within 24 hours.
** SAVE TO THE TRIP CLOUD **
Register a free account to save your outdoor trips to our Trip Cloud. Benefits include:
• Store and backup unlimited trips. Never lose files again.
• Auto-sync trips between your computer, mobile phone and iPad.
• Enhance trips planned in MyTopo Maps with more map tools at the Trimble Outdoors website, including .gpx import, geotagged photos and videos, turn-by-turn routes and more.
• Open trips in our mobile navigation app, Trimble Outdoors Navigator. Learn more: http://get.it/trimbleoutdoors/8oUv
** LEARN MORE **
Visit our website and check out thousands of trips submitted by the Trimble Outdoors community. Click over to: trimbleoutdoors.com.
Feedback wanted: Found a bug? Want a new feature? Drop us a line on our Facebook page, facebook.com/trimbleoutdoors.
Note: MyTopo Maps is designed and optimized for iPads. It works on both the Wifi and 3G models but the Wifi models lack a GPS chip required to show your exact location.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Adds automatic map pack metadata synchronization between devices when you are logged in.
• Multiple bug fixes and improvements.