iOS Universal Navigation
Maps helps you find the places you want to go and makes it easier to get there — all in a beautiful, simple interface.
• Find places and get information about them.
◦ Ask Siri to find the places you’d like to go.
◦ Search and browse by category, including food, drink, shopping, fun, and more.
◦ Look up information about places, including open hours, photos, ratings, reviews, and support for Apple Pay.
◦ Take action with the information you have, such as making restaurant reservations, dialing phone numbers, opening websites, and getting directions.
• Get to where you want to go.
◦ Use voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation when you’re driving in your car or walking.
◦ Get transit schedules and directions via subways, buses, trains, and ferries.
◦ Book a ride to your destination.
◦ Check real-time traffic conditions, including incident markers that provide details such as why there's congestion.
• Beautiful and easy to use.
◦ Experience Maps in a beautiful vector-based interface that pans, scales, and zooms with ease.
◦ View major cities and landmarks around the world with photo realistic, interactive 3D views using Flyover.
◦ Glance at the lock screen for transit directions, turn-by-turn navigation, Time to Leave notifications, or to get directions to your parked car.
◦ Follow directions more easily when it's dark out with automatic night mode.
• Works across your devices.
◦ Save your favorite places and access them from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch using iCloud.
◦ Plan your trips on your Mac running OS X Mavericks or later, and share it with Maps on your iOS device.
◦ Use Maps with your Apple Watch to get distinctive taps on your wrist when it’s time to make a turn.
◦ Access all of your favorite places on the go when using Maps in your CarPlay-supported car.
• Availability and features may vary by country.