The FSWidgets iGMapHD app turns iPad into a hi-res moving map for your desktop flight simulator!
(See iGMap for the iPhone/iPod touch Version)
Do you own Flight Simulator X, Flight Simulator 2004 or X-Plane 9/10?
iGMapHD works with the three most popular desktop simulators on the market today, giving you a hand-held moving map to aid navigation, especially on simulated VFR flights.
Connects to the flight simulator via our free FSWidgets Network Pack which can be downloaded from the FSWidgets website.
Saves valuable screen real-estate on your desktop by using your iPad to display your aircraft's current position.
- Connects to FSX, FS2004 & X-Plane 9/10 (Windows, Mac OSX 10.5+ & Linux).
- Flight Plan Display - supports FSX, FS2004 and X-Plane flight plan files.
- Flight Plan file import via iTunes > Device Apps tab > File Sharing.
- Waypoints can be tapped to reveal the related data (e.g. lat, lon, ident).
- File-Sharing requires iTunes 9.1.1 or later.
- See http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094 for Apple info on File-Sharing.
- FSWidgets Network Pack provided free (see the website link).
- Powered by the CloudMade map rendering API (using OpenStreetMap & custom data).
- Connect & disconnect from the flight simulator as required.
- When disconnected can be used as a chart viewer.
- Map supports drag to pan and pinch to zoom.
- Option to remember previously used map type, zoom and position, or accept default settings.
- Helicopter icon option for moving map (i.e. instead of fixed wing icon).
- Total number of custom and aero map types is now 19!
- 11 world-wide custom map styles.
- 8 Aero Chart options (as follows).
- US WAC (World Aeronautical Chart) data, covers entire contiguous US & Hawaii.
- US SEC (Sectional Chart) data, covers entire contiguous US.
- US TAC (Terminal Area Charts) data.
- US IFR Enroute Low data, covers entire contiguous US.
- US IFR Enroute High data, covers entire contiguous US.
- Alaska WAC data.
- Alaska Sectional data.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico WAC data.
- Metar and TAF info icon display.
- World-wide Navigational icon info display.
- Installed copy of Flight Simulator X, Flight Simulator 2004 or X-Plane 9/10 (Mac OS 10.5+, Windows or Linux).
- Free FSWidgets Network Pack must be installed to connect to simulator - download from FSWidgets (see the website link).
- Wi-Fi network required, iPad must be on same local network as machine running the flight simulator.
- Internet access required, to automatically download map tile data on the fly.
WHO WE ARE:
FSWidgets is a software development team based in Australia, specializing in add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator (Windows) and Laminar Research X-Plane. Both of its founding members have extensive experience in creating award-winning add-ons for Flight Simulator and have been active in the flight simulation community for well over a decade.
Personalized and friendly support can be found via our forum (http://fswidgets.com/forum) or our support email (email@example.com).
Future updates and additional features added to iGMapHD will be free for existing customers.
- Minor fix for crash when closing Settings panel on iOS 7
- Minor interface tweaks to cater for changes in iOS 7
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 15, 2013
- Fermin Fernandez
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (21)
- 2.9 MB