"GPS" gives you access to your iPhone's GPS functionality and more.
The simple display shows your current:
- Heading (where a compass is available).
- Speed or Speed Average
Street and Topographic maps are available care of openstreetmap.org.
And trip statistics including:
- Distance travelled
- Minimum and Maximum Altitude
- Time and Travelling Time
- Average and Maximum speed.
Via the settings you can:
- Choose between meters or feet.
- Choosing Speed or Average Speed.
- Keep your iPhone awake.
Release Notes 2.0
This release of GPS provides more functionality with the same simple interface.
Changes contained in this release:
1 - Compass support
2 - Maps
3 - Statistics
4 - Power Management
5 - Settings
1) Compass support
Support has been added for the compass hardware that is built into newer phones.
The existing Heading has been split into two:
- Heading: The direction your phone is pointing.
- Course: The direction of travel calculated from the GPS data.
If your phone does not have a compass the Heading will not be displayed.
However the Course will be shown once sufficient GPS data has been collected.
Street and Topographic maps are now available on the Map tab.
Maps are provided care of the following sources:
By default OpenCycleMap.org is used to provide a topographic map.
The following statistics of your trip are available on the Statistics tab:
- Distance (how far you have travelled)
- Min/Max Altitude (the minimum and maximum altitude)
- Time (the length of time that quality GPS data has been available)
- Travelling Time (the length of time that you have been moving)
- Average Speed
- Maximum Speed
These statistics can be cleared in the Settings tab by pressing Clear History.
4) Power Management
Power management has been simplified while the functionality has been enhanced.
The Settings tab allows for:
- On: Your phone will behave as it does with any other Application
- Off: Your phone will stay awake, the screen will turn off if it is covered.
- Battery Reserve
- On: Sleeping will be enabled when the battery level is below the level selected.
- Off: The Battery level is ignored.
- Level: The slider allows you to select the size of the battery reserve.
The Settings tab now matches the layout of the Settings Application.
The settings are accessible from within GPS and from the Settings Application.
The following functions are only available from the Settings tab within the application:
- About / Help
- Clear History
Please refer to www.onwha.net/gps for more details.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 18, 2009
- William McRae
- Average Rating:
- 2.00 (155)
- 0.5 MB