Maps 3D - GPS Tracks for Bike, Hike, Ski & Outdoor
PRICE DROP: 25% off! Get Maps 3D now for $2.99 instead of $3.99 for limited time only!
Imagine a GPS app designed for all outdoor activities: the perfect companion for biking, hiking, running and traveling – with geocaching built in and the option to plan, record and share your rides or routes.
And imagine that this app doesn't display mountains and valleys as flat spots on a map, but in 3D – including the path you’re traveling on. What’s more, an accurate (!) altimeter displays your current elevation at any time. Welcome to Maps 3D.
How’s this possible? We're the first company to combine NASA scans of the Earth's topography with THE outdoor map OSM.
You'll receive maps of the entire world at no extra cost – with every street, path, rise, track and trail on OSM. Maps 3D lets you follow and record routes, plus it includes a search function, an altimeter and numerous other features. On top of that, you can load free routes from EveryTrail and other sources.
And the best part: Maps 3D is fun! Take a look at the images below and give it a try!
*** Featured by Apple with a main banner in the US App Store Navigation category! (02/2013)
*** 3rd place at the '2013 Best App Ever Awards' by 148apps.com in 'Best Outdoors Apps'
*** 1.000.000 users worldwide!
*** TOP 1 App in Navigation in over 50 countries (as of 04/2013)
REVIEWS IN THE MEDIA
"The functions are helpful; the compilation of 3D maps is impressive." Macwelt.de – Score: 1.8
"An app recommended for hikers, cyclists and horse enthusiasts..." iPhone & iPad apps in Test Magazine, issue 3/2011 – Score: 8/10
FOCUS App of the Week – issue 8/2012
+++ LOAD MAPS IN ADVANCE over WiFi or 3G. No further Internet connection needed thereafter
+++ RECORD ROUTES by GPS – coordinates and exact elevations are logged
+++ PLAN TRIPS – directly in the 3D map view using the online route planner
+++ EVALUATE ROUTES – all information on the trip with elevation and speed profiles
+++ USE IT AS A BIKE COMPUTER – all key tachograph data available at a glance
+++ SEARCHABLE – towns, streets, mountain peaks, lakes and other natural POIs available offline
3D MAP DISPLAY:
– Accurate & precise relief map based on NASA scans of the Earth's surface
– Realistic 3D views from every perspective
– Contour lines on the topographical map
– The compass always points to the destination, with linear distance
– Own position continuously displayed on the map
– Improved safety through better understanding of terrain and easier orientation
TOURING AND ROUTE PLANNING:
– Simple trips can be loaded via iTunes, EveryTrail, e-mail, URL or Dropbox
– Display of remaining distance and elevation
– Display of travelled distance, current and average speeds, and height above sea level
– Immediate detection of route deviations
– Export trip: Share easily by e-mail
– Precise calculation of climbs/descents and climbing and descending speeds based on the 3D elevation model
– Set waypoints
– Target flag as marker with connecting line on map
– Online address search
– Geocaching fans can also use raw waypoint files
POINTS OF INTEREST – POIs (offline maps):
– City and street names
– Mountain peaks, lakes, beaches, forests, glaciers, caves
– Official USGS topo maps and high resolution aerial images for the US area
– Free OSM maps with cycling and hiking paths, horse trails, tracks and ski trails
– Three different scales
– Global map material
GENERAL / NOTES
Background GPS recording can significantly cut battery life
* * * * *
If you like Maps 3D, please remember to leave a positive rating on iTunes!
The movingworld team is working constantly to improve Maps 3D. Any suggestions? We'd love to hear them! Just e-mail them to us at email@example.com. We'll try to answer you within 24 hours!
Thank you for using Maps 3D!
– Fixes a critical issue in iOS 7
NEW FEATURES FROM THE LAST UPDATES
– AirDrop for iOS 7:
Share your tracks directly via WIFI and bluetooth
– New track profile:
A panel in the data view shows your position on the track's profile you follow
– New record tool:
Start recording directly in the map display
Adjust record intervals to your needs in the app settings
Switch between manual or automatic pause mode
With auto-pause activated, Maps 3D stops recording when you don't move (except 3GS)
– New map type 'Hiking map':
Beautiful map with hiking paths descriptions where available
– Map loading improved:
Bigger loading screen
Interrupted map loading can be continued later in the map information screen
Older maps can be updated
– Sortable lists:
Tracks are sorted by date and name
Maps can be sorted by name, type and scale
– New Settings:
Speed / Pace display: km/h or min/km
Altitude input: terrain or GPS
2D map display completely flat for better readability
Allow manual over-zoom for level 16
Automatic map change optional
Record settings with activity types
Map display frequency: 0 s to 30 s to save battery life
Auto-standby: the iPhone goes into standby as you define it in your settings
– Increased number of waypoints to max. 2500
– GPS signal indicator displayed in map view
– POIs: full text search and faster searching
– New methods for Twitter and Facebook login
– The coordinates under the cursor are displayed in the data view when panning
– GPX tracks consisting of route points are supported
– GPS fix strongly improved
– Save track after battery death
– Flat terrain bug fixed
– Interrupted recordings appear completely on the map
– Special characters and spaces in tracks are supported correctly
– Correct incline and decline calculations when following a track backwards
– Map orientation in driving direction works smoother and also without recording (except 3GS)
* * * * *
If you’d like to support us, please take a minute to update your review for this new version too. Positive reviews in iTunes enable us to continue producing further free updates like this one!
The movingworld team is working constantly to improve Maps 3D. Any suggestions? We'd be glad to hear them by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for using Maps 3D!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 02, 2013
- movingworld GmbH
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (12)
- 17.9 MB