FindingMyWay simulates a handheld GPS receiver. It allows you you view your current location on a map, as well as mark waypoints anywhere on Earth. You can then navigate to those waypoints using line-of-sight distance and direction. Great for geocaching, just enter the coordinates of the cache and follow the arrow. Great for marking your favorite ocean fishing spots, and navigating back again accurately. Never forget where you parked. Easily add, edit, and delete waypoints.
To add a waypoint at your current location, press the "My Location" button in the waypoint editor.
To add a waypoint at the map's center, press the "Map Location" button.
To add a waypoint manually, enter the coordinates in either degrees, degrees/minutes, or degrees/minutes/seconds.
You can also show or hide the information bars by pressing and holding the screen.
Settings allow you to change the coordinate display format, switch between imperial or metric units, change the accuracy level, and disable the device's auto-lock.
- Simple, easy to use interface
- Add waypoints at your current location, map location, or manually
- Enter coordinates in d, d/m, or d/m/s format
- Change coordinate display format independant of input format
- Sort waypoints by name or distance
- Reduce accuracy to save battery life
- Prevent device from sleeping
- Heads-up style information display
- Displays current location, heading, speed, and elevation
- Displays distance and heading to target in real time
Added iPad interface
Fixed edit button in waypoints list
Added localized number format support
Changed triple-tap to long press to show/hide info bars
(triple-tap interferes with Accessibility zooming)
Numerous bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 09, 2013
- Dana Hynes
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 4.7 MB