iOS Universal Navigation
Commander Compass is an essential GPS toolkit for outdoors and off-road navigation. Packed with tools it serves as a milspec compass with maps, gyrocompass, tactical GPS receiver, waypoint tracker, speedometer, altimeter, Sun, Moon and star finder, gyro horizon, and coordinate converter. It saves your custom places and waypoints, navigates precisely to them later, shows them on maps, displays detailed GPS info, measures distances, angles, and does a lot more.
COMPASS & GYROCOMPASS
Accuracy improvement techniques, special compass modes and calibration methods available in Commander Compass only make it a real instrument – made to military standards it’s the most advanced and accurate digital compass that also supports military units.
FINDER, TRACKER & NAVIGATION
Commander Compass operates in 3D to show real-time object positions, info and directions to them overlaid over maps or a simple background.
Save current position, add points from maps, manually enter location coordinates and bearings, add stars by hand or use a built-in star catalogue.
Find saved places and objects later simply by following directional arrows.
Commander Compass tracks multiple targets simultaneously and shows their info – distance, direction, azimuth, elevation and estimated time of arrival.
Copy, paste and share locations, coordinates and map links using many supported formats.
TACTICAL GPS, SPEEDOMETER & ALTIMETER
Find and track your location and get detailed real-time GPS data – coordinates in dozens of civil and military formats, altitude, course, current and maximum speed, using imperial, metric, nautical and military units.
See your and targets’ positions on maps using different map styles and alternative map providers – plan waypoints and measure distances.
NAVIGATE BY STARS
Track positions of stars, Sun and Moon with arc second precision – use them as a reference to calibrate compass for maximum accuracy.
DEMO & HELP
v.3.7.9 improves UI orientation on iPad in landscape mode
v.3.7.5 improves compatibility with iOS 8 and new devices (read full details):
- better compatibility with iOS 8 and iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- 64-bit support and major code cleanup in preparation for bigger updates
- lots of improvements and bug fixes, including:
· smoother transition between 3D and 2D compass operation modes
· improved gyrocompass mode (see details below)
· gyrocompass adjustment retained in background on devices w/o compass
· improved location access settings handling
· improved detection of long tap on the main screen
· improved user interface orientation handling
· landscape face up orientation support
· improved editing, text input and keyboard handling
· support of hiding of keyboard by sliding
· full support of native screen resolutions of new devices
· new icons optimized for new iOS and new devices
· fixed inverted sign of magnetic declination display
· fixed crash-alike behavior when app was closed and then shortly opened
· fixed crash that might happen because of lots of waypoints on a map
· fixed parsing of GEO: links with uppercase scheme part
· fixed hemisphere sign for longitudes on text format export
IMPROVED GYROCOMPASS MODE
The gyrocompass mode can now be used as a primary mode. Now in the gyrocompass mode the magnetic sensor is referenced continuously until a manual adjustment to the heading is made using the two finger sliding gesture. Unless the manual adjustment is in effect the app acts as a gyro-assisted magnetic compass.
If you've noticed a bug or have some troubles with setting up the app, please contact us via support form on our website.