BACKPACKER GPS Trails Lite
iOS iPhone Navigation
Backpacker GPS Trails Lite doubles as a portable trip database and personal navigation device for your outdoor lifestyle: hiking, backpacking, camping, mountaineering, or for just basic trail navigation. GPS Trails Lite works in remote places like national parks, wilderness areas, and backcountry spots without relying on data & cell signals.
Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
UPGRADE TO PRO
Try the free app then upgrade to GPS Trails Pro for even more features, including:
* Create map packs to store maps on your phone. This app allows you to save topos (MyTopo), aerials (Bing), streets (OSM), and terrain (OCM) map types.
* Get worldwide aerial images on your iPhone. Our app gives you rare access to view and store offine aerial imagery from Bing maps.
* Shoot video and geotag it to an exact location on a map. Save videos to YouTube account.
* Convert lat/long coordinates to UTM and NAD 27 map datum to sync with paper maps for advanced navigation in the field.
* No ads. Say goodbye to advertisements that occupy valuable screen space for navigating.
With GPS Trails Lite, you can:
Turn your phone into a GPS: Navigate via precise satellite signals in and out of cell network.
Capture waypoints: Mark campsites, trailheads, water sources, and more.
Track every step: Record or follow your tracks and routes. See compass essentials.
Share your trip: Post adventures to trimbleoutdoors.com and Facebook.
View maps: See street maps, aerial photos, hybrid street/aerial maps, and topo maps provided by MyTopo. Please note: Upgrade to GPS Trails Pro to store offline maps on your iPhone.
View stats: See 10 stats, including elevation, speed, and distance.
Download Pro Trips: Follow our step-by-step trail guides of popular trails and lesser-known routes in national parks, national forests, and local parks, including Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Great Smoky Mountains, Glacier, Rocky Mountain, White Mountains, Adirondacks, Catskills, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Acadia, Mount Rainier, Everglades, Olympic, and more. Find hikes near major cities: New York City, Seattle, Portland, LA, Denver, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, and more. Plus find section hikes on the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, and the Continental Divide Trail.
Search trips: Find thousands of trips shared by the Backpacker editors and trimbleoutdoors.com community.
Plan trips: Draw routes, mark points, print maps, and import GPS files with the web-based Trip Planner at trimbleoutdoors.com (membership required). All the trips you plan at trimbleoutdoors.com can be accessed in the GPS Trails app.
Get published: Every month the editors at Backpacker handpick adventures shared by its online community to be published in the magazine.
Note: Backpacker GPS Trails is designed and optimized for the iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS and 3G. The 1st generation models lack a GPS chip required to run the application. It also does not work on the iPod touch and the design isn’t optimized for the iPad.
Follow Us: We’ve created a Facebook page for our mobile apps. Your feedback helps us create a better app. Go to: facebook.com/backpackergpstrails.
Backpacker brings the outdoors straight to the reader's doorstep, inspiring and enabling them to go more places and enjoy nature more often. The authority on active adventure, Backpacker is the world's first GPS-enabled™ magazine and website, and the only outdoor media whose editors and network of map contributors personally map the hiking trails they publish.
• Introducing Off-The-Grid Maps, the place where you can download Maps directly in your phone without requiring a computer.
• Easier Custom Map Pack creation screen.
• Bug fixes and improvements.