ThumbJam is a powerful musical performance experience. You get over 40 high-quality real instruments multi-sampled exclusively for this app. Hundreds of included scales allow you to effortlessly play in any style from rock to classical, whether you are a musical novice or a seasoned professional.
Jordan Rudess, the world-renowned keyboardist for Dream Theater says:
"ThumbJam stands at the very top of the overcrowded music app world. The sounds included absolutely rival those found in pro instruments and making music on the app is a total joy. The only problem I have with this app is that I did not make it myself! Luckily, I'm able to work with the developer and offer a few good feature ideas as well as some choice sounds from my personal collection!"
Even if you've only played air guitar, ThumbJam lets you sound like a pro. Pick an instrument and jam -- with all the scales to choose from you'll never hit a wrong note. The high quality instrument samples will make you sound like you just skipped years of music lessons.
For the performing musician, this app is awesome for soloing on an instrument you didn't bring along. Play in any key, any style -- go from a string ensemble to a wailing guitar. ThumbJam was developed and tested by musicians to feel and sound like a real instrument. You'll be surprised at how expressive it can be, make sure to check out the videos and audio at thumbjam.com.
ThumbJam makes use of tilt and shake to add vibrato, tremolo, note bends, and volume swells for more realistic and expressive results. It supports up to five (eleven on iPad) simultaneous touches and up to 24 voice polyphony, for each of up to 8 loaded instruments! Delay and stereo reverb add depth to the sound, and a resonant lowpass filter gives you more tone shaping power. Put on your headphones or plug in to your home stereo to experience some of the highest quality instruments in the App Store.
Build your own loops from the ground up or import your favorites and jam from there. Layer as many loops as you want, with different instruments for each. Export your loops as audio files or Ardour DAW sessions via WiFi. Copy and paste audio from other apps using Sonoma Wire Works AudioCopy/Paste as well the general pasteboard, via email, AudioShare, iTunes Document Sharing, or open directly in another application. Supports Audiobus and Inter-App-Audio for streaming sound to/from other apps in real-time, including state save/restore with Audiobus2.
Want to jam with your friends? ThumbJam lets you broadcast tempo, key, and scale to other nearby devices via Bluetooth so you can be in sync live. Even better, you can use it as a MIDI or OSC controller over WiFi, with any CoreMidi compatible device, or other apps on the same iOS device with virtual MIDI, or play ThumbJam with other hardware or software MIDI controllers or apps!
The app includes a huge variety of scales, from western to eastern. Save your favorites for quick access, or create your own in-app. You can even import new scales in the Scala format for complete flexibility.
You can also record your own instruments using a built-in or attached microphone, or from file import.
+ Cello, Violin, Viola
+ Upright Bass (plucked and bowed)
+ Several drumkits
+ Electric Guitar
+ Electric Bass
+ Tenor Sax
+ Low Whistle
+ Acoustic Guitar
+ Hammered Dulcimer
+ Grand Piano
+ Drawbar Organ (2 types)
+ Pipe Organ
+ Synth Strings
+ Synth Choir
+ Sawtooth Waveform
+ Sine Waveform
+ Triangle Waveform
And from Jordan Rudess:
+ JR Zendrix
+ JR Smooth Steel
Many more for immediate FREE download in the app including several drumkits, Mellotron, basses, banjo, tabla, ukelele, guitars and more! New instruments posted regularly.
- Inter-App-Audio (IAA) node support
- Audiobus 2 support, including state load/save
- Now supports up to 4 screen splits, and up to 8 simultaneously loaded instruments
- Velocity layering support added (new downloadable instruments coming up that take advantage of it)
- AudioCopy2 update
- Added AudioShare export and import
- Now allows pitch tracking mode in background
- Added chromatic or white-key-only MIDI scale lock option
- Special MIDI NRPN support for handling realtime scale changes via MIDI (for use with the app KeyIn)
- Added MIDI breath control (CC2) options (volume and filter cutoff)
- Improved channel and poly pressure support
- Show all-notes-off button when instrument sustains on release (for damping)
- User presets are now alphabetized in list (so renaming can control ordering)
- Fixed up monophonic patch playing via MIDI
- Fixed sample loop crossfade issues
- Fixed continuum mode in landscape orientation
- Fixed issue with VoiceOver and menus
- Fixed longstanding attack envelope consistency issue
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 21, 2014
- Sonosaurus LLC
- 191.2 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (31)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (787)