iOS Universal Music
SunVox is the most powerful music creation tool for iOS. It is a small and fast cross-platform modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker).
[ Jordan Rudess about this app ]
Sunvox is a serious music application. I am personally running it on my iphone. In the overcrowded world of music apps, Sunvox stands out as both unique and powerful. If you are a musician and own an iphone, you owe it to yourself to try this amazing application!
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Powerful microtonal (ultra-chromatic) sequencer.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
• XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
• Multitrack WAV export.
• WiFi import/export.
• MIDI file import/export.
• MIDI IN/OUT.
• Mic/Line-in recording (using the Sampler).
• Audiobus 3 (with MIDI) and IAA support.
• It is also available for other systems (see the site).
[ Brief instruction ]
The main menu - button with the SunVox icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
Use multitouch to scale/move content of timeline and pattern editor.
To connect one module (source) to another (destination): first touch on the source, second touch on the destination.
[ Built-in synthesizers & effects ]
• Analog Generator;
• DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
• FM synthesizer;
• MetaModule (use it to build your own synths/effects);
• Multisample instrument;
• SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds);
• Side Chain Compressor;
• 3Band equalizer;
• Loop (for glitch effects);
• Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation);
• Vorbis Player;
• and more ...
[ Bug reports ]
Found a bug? Have some questions? Just write me directly: email@example.com
The answer comes immediately!
Official SunVox homepage + video tutorials:
User manual and FAQ:
Development status of the new version:
* iOS 7 support has been dropped;
* Audiobus 3 support (with MIDI);
* sound engine optimization;
* MIDI IN options has beed added to the Module Properties: here you can change the MIDI IN channel and the mode (receive MIDI commands "when the module selected" or "always");
* the biggest Sampler update since 2008;
* Sampler: click removal algorithm (between two notes on the same channel, or during the sharp note cutoff);
* Sampler: added four new envelopes to control the effect (with polyphony support), which is one of the built-in SunVox modules; so you can choose almost any SunVox module (for example, Filter or MetaModule), and it will be stored inside the Sampler;
* Sampler: new option "Ignore velocity for volume";
* Sampler (sample editor): new loop parameter - Sustain; when enabled, loop will be finished after the Note OFF;
* Sampler (sample editor): deeper zoom;
* Sampler (sample editor): Crossfade Loop effect has been added into the menu;
* Sampler (envelope editor): unlimited envelope length, unlimited number of envelope points;
* Sampler (envelope editor): point info display has been added; press it to show/hide the additional buttons for precise point control;
* Sampler (envelope editor): new envelope parameters: Gain, Velocity influence;
* Sampler (envelope editor): new envelopes: Pitch, Effect Controller;
* MetaModule: new option "Event output"; when enabled, the MetaModule can output events (Note ON/OFF, Set Pitch, etc.) from the internal Output module; see the examples metamodule_arpeggiator3/4;
* MetaModule: effect 07 (set sample offset by percentage) is now supported too; you can use it to jump to the specified location within the MetaModule-project;
* MetaModule: new mode "play without repeat" has been added to the "Play patterns" controller;
* Filter, Filter Pro, Flanger, LFO, Vibrato: current LFO phase is visible now (on the "Set phase" controller);
* Filter, Filter Pro, Flanger, LFO, Vibrato: the incoming notes (Note ON commands) reset the LFO phase to "Set phase" value;
* MultiSynth: new option "Trigger" (ignore Note OFF commands; the new note turns off the old note with the same pitch);
* MultiSynth: new controller "Curve2 influence" (mix between the linear (default) and the user-drawn curve2);
* Reverb: new controller "Random seed";
* LFO: new controller "Generator" (always generate a signal, even if the input is empty);
* LFO: triangle waveform;
* Pattern Editor: new function "Place evenly" (place events evenly in the selected area);
* new project parameter - "Time grid2" (the higher-level grid, number of time grid cells);
* "Randomize controllers" can now be canceled through the UNDO;
* lists of the recent files and folders have been added to the file browser; you can disable it in the Preferences -> Interface;
* "Resize" button has been added to the musical keyboard in the file browser (when the Preview is enabled);
* Preferences -> Main: new button "Log" (show/save SunVox log);
* Preferences -> Interface: new option "Zoom buttons" (hide/show zoom in/out buttons);
* Preferences -> Interface -> Color theme: ability to manually adjust the four primary colors (c_0, c_1, c_2, c_3);
* new instruments and effects (see the folders instruments and effects);
* new examples: NightRadio - Reach for the Stars, Transient - Can It Be Beautiful;
* new simple examples: sampler effect envelopes, metamodule_arpeggiator3, metamodule_arpeggiator4;
* user manual update: http://www.warmplace.ru/wiki/doku.php?id=sunvox:manual_en;
* bug fixes: note hang in Glide, broken virtual MIDI IN port in iOS, problems with Wi-Fi Export/Import, etc.