iOS Universal Music
SunVox is the most powerful music creation tool for iOS. It is a small and fast cross-platform modular synthesizer with pattern based sequencer (tracker).
[ Jordan Rudess about this app ]
Sunvox is a serious music application. I am personally running it on my iphone. In the overcrowded world of music apps, Sunvox stands out as both unique and powerful. If you are a musician and own an iphone, you owe it to yourself to try this amazing application!
[ Key features ]
• Modular interface.
• Powerful microtonal (ultra-chromatic) sequencer.
• Highly optimized synth algorithms.
• Support of 16/24/32bit WAV, AIFF and XI samples.
• XM (FastTracker) and MOD (ProTracker, OctaMED) import.
• Multitrack WAV export;
• WiFi import/export;
• MIDI file import/export;
• MIDI IN/OUT;
• Mic/Line-in recording;
• Audiobus and IAA support;
• It is also available for other systems (see the site).
[ Brief instruction ]
The main menu - button with the SunVox icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
Use multitouch to scale/move content of timeline and pattern editor.
How to connect one module to another: first touch on source, second touch on destination.
REC button is only for notes and controller recording. If you want to record sound - use the Sampler module.
[ Built-in synthesizers & effects ]
• Analog Generator;
• DrumSynth with 120 unique synthetic drum sounds;
• FM synthesizer;
• MetaModule (use it to build your own synths/effects);
• Sampler (supported formats: WAV, XI, AIFF);
• SpectraVoice (FFT-based synthesizer for warm atmospheric sounds);
• Side Chain Compressor;
• 3Band equalizer;
• Filter (Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass, Notch);
• Loop (for glitch effects);
• Vocal Filter (for human voice simulation);
• Vorbis Player;
• and more ...
[ Bug reports ]
Found a bug? Have some questions? Just write me directly: email@example.com
The answer comes immediately!
Official SunVox homepage + video tutorials:
Development status of the new version:
* additional UI language - Russian; you can change it in Preferences -> Interface;
* engine is now optimized for OpenGL ES 2.0;
* new module - Feedback (see the examples);
* new module - Filter Pro (High quality IIR filter);
* number of MIDI slots (in Preferences) has been increased to 4; so you can use four MIDI controllers simultaneously;
* now any external MIDI knob can be connected to any number of SunVox controllers of any modules;
* now any SunVox shortcut can be connected to external MIDI button (Note, CC or Program Change);
* click twice (or right click) on the controller to open the new Controller Properties window;
* you can do the following operations in the new Controller Properties window: change, reset, randomize, write to pattern, assign MIDI IN;
* MultiSynth: new controller "Phase" - the starting position of the sample or the starting phase of some Generator;
* MultiSynth: added support of the "Set Sample Offset" pattern effects 07 and 09;
* MultiCtl: new controller "Quantization" - the number of quantization levels;
* Sampler: new controller "Rec threshold" - the level at which the Sampler should start recording;
* Sampler: ability to import the loop points from WAV;
* Generator: "P.Modulation" controller has been renamed to "Freq.Modulation input";
* Filter: new controller "LFO waveform";
* Amplifier: new controller "Fine volume";
* Modulator: "Phase Modulation" mode has been added;
* new functions in the Pattern Editor menu: selection begin, selection end;
* slightly redesigned Pattern Editor;
* new pattern effect: 13 - Set Bypass/Solo/Mute (BSM = XYY) flags; example of mute: 13 0001; example of solo: 13 0010;
* new pattern effect: 14 - Reset Bypass/Solo/Mute (BSM = XYY) flags; example of bypass reset: 14 0100;
* Song has been renamed to Project;
* new instruments from NightRadio, Pavel Ti, SolarLune and other authors;
* new simple song examples: feedback, feedback2, modulator (phase modulation);
* new song examples: 4004, music_in_our_souls, awakening_city, Transient - Tablerock, SunVox Compo 2015.02 Winners (Sirmooge - Phalanx, Pavel Ti - Boomer, KnyazIvan - Cold Summer);
* bugs fixed.