SmartPlayer - Music Player and Last.fm Scrobbler
Clean, fresh and elegant music player and Last.fm scrobbler with background scrobbling and cacheing.
4.1 is here with a fresh new look!
SmartPlayer is the most efficient Last.fm scrobbler for iOS and the first music app to implement blurred artwork backgrounds in 2012.
- Stunning and clean user interface
- Fully compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad in both portrait and landscape in all areas of the app
- Flawless isolated scrobbles: Use SmartPlayer on as many devices as you want and it won't interfere with scrobbling activity between devices. All scrobbles are contained within the app on each device
- Offline scrobbling, never miss a scrobble! Any scrobbles that are made offline are stored into an offline cache which you can scrobble later
- Updates your 'Now Playing' status on Last.fm in real-time.
- View your Last.fm profile summary in settings
- WiFi-only data mode
- Mode to force all scrobbles into offline cache
- Intuitive gesture-based music controls
- Integrated social features and 'Love' tracks on Last.fm
- 100% synced with your Device music library
- Fully compatible with iTunes Match
- 'Show All Music' switch for iTunes Match
- Instantly create quick playlists by swiping tracks and albums
- Artwork backgrounds blurred to perfection
- Play counts (as well as other data) are automatically updated.
- Uses your device's equalisers and gapless playback settings
Remember: If it doesn't scrobble it doesn't count!
If you're experiencing any problems at all simply contact me shaddeen.com/contact/SmartPlayer. There's no way for me to contact you about the issues you're having if you simply leave a bad review.
- This update fixes a critical issue for iTunes Match users which can prevent the app from being launched when there's no internet connection.
- You can now swipe from the edges to reveal the library browser and settings on the iPad
- Artist names are shown alongside the title for compilations
- Slightly different icon
- Bug fixes
Regarding podcast and audiobook support: Whilst some users tell me it was working perfectly, others have reported many bugs with it and since I can guarantee that it'll work right for everyone I decided to drop support. Makes sense now right?
Sleep timer: Use Apple's Clock app! It has the same feature.
For those of you experiencing a crash when viewing the offline scrobbles cache or any other problems, please contact me so I can get the crash log! I can't fix it if you simply leave a bad review.
I'm glad 98% of you love the new update, please keep those 5-star reviews coming in!
4.1 is here with a fresh new look. I've made quite a few changes that I hope you'll like and removed a few things, which I hope you'll accept!
- Refreshed UI
- Better sectioning of multiple albums
- Replaced shake to cancel quick playlist with a cancel button (was rather annoying when out and about)
- A new iPad experience
- You can now rate your tracks by tapping on the track title
- New toolbar at the bottom
- Access the tabs by tapping on the centre of the top navigation bar
- Removed the sleep timer (There's already one in the Clock app)
- Removed all customisation to do with backgrounds for continuity
- Removed Auto-tweeting (it's spamming!)
- One font-family used throughout the app
- Everything is bouncier (you'll see what I mean)
- You'll now see an album grid selection on the Now Playing view when no tracks have been loaded.
- Podcast and Audiobook support has been dropped as it's no longer possible to fully support them in iOS 7.
- Bug fixes
I'm sure I've missed a few things out but you'll notice them here and there.
The tutorial will be shown once again, please take time to go through the second page as it explains the new navigation!
This update will clear your Artist images cache.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 2 days ago
- Shad Deen
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (6)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (361)