iOS Universal Music
Powerful sampler, editor and sequencer for iPad and iPhone.
• Record your own samples, or import wav, mp3, and your iTunes library.
• Use as a simple drum machine or get your hands dirty editing with the per-beat cue point and loop controls.
• Per-beat attack, queue point & loop control allowing for unique new sounds and more flexibility composing. No other software (iOS or otherwise) offers this.
• Professional quality pitch-shifting preserves sample length and formants while giving you 2 full octaves from any sample; without chipmunking. Lock a sample to a tempo and change track tempo to time stretch/compress**.
• Pinch-zoom precision sample editor lets you select your audio and drag it right onto a track.
• 8 stereo tracks @ 44.1kHz with per-beat volume, pan and pitch control.
• Copy/Pasteboard support for sharing audio with other apps.
• Mixdown to WAV & upload to SoundCloud**.
• Audio Multitasking: Sample Lab will continue to play audio after you switch apps.
• Multi-touch trigger pads for tapping in patterns or stand alone performance.
• 4 real-time DSP FX: distortion, bit crusher, resonant cutoff, and reverb**.
• Multi-touch sequencer lets you build a composition with ease.
• Virtual MIDI support lets you control other audio apps from Sample Lab**.
• Shuffle control for simple syncopation.
• More than 100 samples included to get you started.
• Punch-in loopbox style recording on each track allowing for recording layers of loops live**.
• MIDI Clock-sync output and Virtual MIDI output with per-track channel control. Send notes and clock signals to other supporting apps while multitasking**.
• MIDI input support: trigger samples and record beats with a MIDI controller to get variable velocity and lower latency.
• Use MIDI to punch-in/out for pedalboard hands-free looping**.
• Plug & play support for Akai LPD8 and Behringer FCB1010.
Sample Lab was made to fit into your live set. You can:
• Trigger samples or tap un-mute for percussive slam fading
• Slice up a beat
• Load a different composition or sample kit
• Control 8 FX parameters at once with X/Y axis controls**
• Record and drop-in layers of beatbox or harmonizing vocals
...all without stopping the music.
For more info, check out the demo videos at http://samplelabapp.com
Send any questions, comments, suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
** Feature currently supported on iPad only
• Universal: now compatible with iPhone 4S & 5 as well as iPad
• Import samples from iPod/iTunes library.
• Aesthetic UI improvements